Thursday, 7.14.2016, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My younger daughter got some garlic scapes from her CSA and made pesto. She was nice enough to give us enough for dinner. We had a salad and the garlic scape pesto with a salad.

Tri-tip roast and cauliflower gratin.

img_1472918_0_f36c64c3b64c4c377cb7e131186fef58.jpg

Last edited:
DH and I are still stumbling around after our vacay. Another round of chicken soup and jalapeno chips with cottage cheese here.

Huevos rancheros. While this is easy enough to make, it's way too complicated as a breakfast dish. Refried beans and sliced cukes, zukes and green pepper strips to use for bean scoopers.

That looks really yummy Steve.

We shared two large plates of nachos. We'll have tuna salad sandwiches later. Just not up for cooking. It's hot enough that we feel it inside with the a/c and I'm recovering from a migraine yesterday.

DH grilled some bratwurst and I made potato salad and a version of Bobby Flay's chopped salad with balsamic vinaigrette. I used some serrano-honey balsamic vinegar I bought from a local specialty shop a couple weeks ago.

I only ate about half of this plate. Eyes bigger than my tummy ;)

Attachments

• 1468550662896.jpg
    1468550662896.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 107
Today I emptied out the beautiful Polish Pottery loaf pan I keep on the counter for veggies, and use it to cook! The meatloaf turned out great and notice the ratty sheet pan for slicing. lol
Thanks for the good wishes about my eye surgery yesterday....even just 24 hrs later, I'm reading as well as I was with my contact before surgery. Happy dancing here!!

img_1472942_0_34e0bd4d811f4bd7abc3d6ba57f439a4.jpg

Glad to hear the good news about your surgery, Kayelle. However, for some reason, I now have the old Johnny Nash song going in my head..."I can see clearly now, the rain is gone...". :LOL:

More lazy-day cooking here.* Another one-pan meal of hot dog discs, potato cubes, and onions all fried up together. When Himself said he doesn't need a big, fussy gourmet meal to make him happy I decided it's time to make more stuff like this.

*Just to be clear, I wasn't lazy today. Three loads of laundry, sorting two+ weeks of mail, and paying bills will back that fact. ;)

i had 1 glass of lemon garlic juice and 1 bowl of green salad with boiled fish lol its not good but i got to eat that because im on a diet lolz

Glad to hear the good news about your surgery, Kayelle. However, for some reason, I now have the old Johnny Nash song going in my head..."I can see clearly now, the rain is gone...". :LOL:

More lazy-day cooking here.* Another one-pan meal of hot dog discs, potato cubes, and onions all fried up together. When Himself said he doesn't need a big, fussy gourmet meal to make him happy I decided it's time to make more stuff like this.

*Just to be clear, I wasn't lazy today. Three loads of laundry, sorting two+ weeks of mail, and paying bills will back that fact. ;)
That sounds like a great, easy meal. I think I'll give it a try.

We had a few friends over for dinner. Weather was unsettled with a forecast for thunderstorms, and it was quite warm and humid, so I couldn't count on the grill and didn't want to crank up the stove. I made crock pot Thai peanut chicken that CG posted a short time back, served over brown rice in the Zoji, along with a green salad. It's a great entertaining dish, as everything can be done in advance and there is considerable latitude as to serving time. Topping with snow peas and sliced radishes was new to our guests, and they add quite a bit of crunch to the dish.

Back
Top Bottom