Thursday 7/20/2017 What's on the plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
It's 11:00am and already 95F feels like 98F. I may make split pea soup in the Instant Pot so I won't heat the house up.

I should do an open face meatloaf sandwich with yesterdays dinner leftover but, I feel a BLT craving coming on.. We shall see...

On thing for certain... Chocolate cake for dessert...

Ross

We have to go into our old city for some more tests for me. So, I plan on picking up a rotisserie chicken and some Greek salad for TB.

I made some potato salad for me from some older potatoes and will make a small chicken Caesar for me. It seems like the only way I can eat poultry is in something. This is thanks to both my swallowing and stomach issues.

I should do an open face meatloaf sandwich with yesterdays dinner leftover but, I feel a BLT craving coming on.. We shall see...

On thing for certain... Chocolate cake for dessert...

Ross

Did you like the glaze?

"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen"...I just can't take the heat lately.
I thought I needed the paramedics in there last night. Grrrrr... I'm long thru menopause, but the hot flashes are still about to kill me, especially when it's already hot!
Whatever I fix tonight will not involve the stove!!

Today is my oldest sisters' birthday and she is in town for the event. Dinner is at my house and Dh is grilling garden veggies and wild caught salmon. Cherry tofu cheesecake is for dessert. The best part is both my siblings will be here.:)

Looks like BBQ "Shicken' and refrigerator scraps. Gotta stay focused. Saturday is my 'cheat day' but I've cheated a little bit each day so far this week. :ermm: Saturday morning weigh-in might show a step in the wrong direction! :ohmy: The past year and a half of lifestyle changes (eating) has paid huge dividends health wise...Plus all da womenz gotsa look in da eye! :LOL:

"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen"...I just can't take the heat lately.
I thought I needed the paramedics in there last night. Grrrrr... I'm long thru menopause, but the hot flashes are still about to kill me, especially when it's already hot!

I hear ya, Kay. The older I get, the less I can handle the heat. I've been cooking very little lately, and loving it. :LOL: I spent a day or two a few weeks ago and prepped ahead, and have individual serving sizes (or 2 servings) of cooked and seasoned ground beef in vacuum sealed packets in the freezer for quick and easy taco salads. Same with chicken - I bought a rotisserie chicken a few weeks ago and portioned it out, vacuum sealed, and use it to make salads or just for nibbling. I baked a meatloaf before I went on vacation and froze it in 2 or 3 slice servings and have been enjoying that for a quick and easy meal.

Deviled eggs are almost always in the fridge lately, and tupperwares of cleaned and sliced veggies for dipping in ranch, or cottage cheese.

I'm pretty sure you feel the same way - even though it's cool in the house with the AC, there's just something unpleasant about standing over a stove or turning on the oven every day when you know it's so blasted hot outside. Can't wait till fall! :) :w00t:

This afternoon's dinner will be leftover rib eye from yesterday, thinly sliced and set out for a few to take the fridge chill off. A deviled egg, a few assorted pickles and olives, and some smoked gouda for sides. Iced tea with lemon to wash it all down. Hazelnut ice cream a little later on this evening.

Went freezer diving earlier today and came up with some Pulled Pork (no sauce) and a small packet of gravy from a different meal. Boiled a couple of baby taters threw, in some bok choy at the last minute. It was fast and perfect for tonight is Ladies Night at the club (I call it Guns & Roses but don't think we're officially allowed to use that name!) :LOL:

It's so hot and I am trying to think of anything without heat in my kitchen. I'm too lazy to go get something. I am seriously thinking of egg salad sandwiches, we have plenty of eggs from our chickens!

OK I have a plan now.....This recipe looks and sounds both delicious and easy. I have all the ingredients, and I'll be using the side burner on the grill. Win Win!!
I might even serve it cold.

Shrimp and Corn with Basil recipe | Epicurious.com

Last edited:
For the entrée, Hagen Das coffee ice cream. For dessert, a collection of seasonal fruit. Beverage will be Coke Zero with plenty of ice and a large lime wedge.

Last edited:
Asian chicken, 3 rice salad with sweet hot peppers, green onions, lots of cilantro, mint, shiso, sweet onions, dressing of sesame oil, fish sauce, lemon juice, olive oil.

Back
Top Bottom