Thursday 7/7 Dinner Plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Too hot and humid to cook. Previously prepared pulled pork sandwiches and cole slaw for dinner tonight.

Pork tenderloin, risotto milanese in the Zoji, broc. I haven't decided how to cook the pork. Forecast is for a chance of thunderstorms, but it almost seems too cold for them to develop. Not sure if we even hit 70 today, which is quite a change from yesterday's 90. If it threatens to rain on my parade, it will go in the oven. Otherwise, I think it will go on the grill.

Quick and easy tonight... a bone-in NY Strip with brown butter, and a side of sauteed cauliflower.

img_1472189_0_e3a60716d6e4192ae8536ea6a6269687.jpg

Beautiful perfect sunny day with temp of 74F, humidity 66%. Time to grill!

Chicky thighs and wings, with a grill basket of marinated mixed vegetables. Perfect!

That's mouth watering Steve!

The doctor adjusted my medication on Tuesday and I'm trying to get used to the differences in how I'm feeling, so tonight is sort of a "let's see what we can create" from what's in the fridge and what's on hand, along with the bounty of fresh veggies we were gifted with from Glenn's son.

What I've ended up with is a ground beef, fresh mushroom, spaghetti sauce, ditalini and mozzarella baked casserole thing. Our side will be a saute of fresh yellow squash, red bell pepper, salt, pepper and chopped fresh chives and parsley. Smells really good.

Dessert will be almost the last of Glenn's vanilla birthday cake and homemade vanilla ice cream. With any luck, we'll end up tomorrow finishing up the cake and ice cream. Quite unusual for both to get eaten up at the same time.

Last edited:
Cold slab of meatloaf and potato salad.

:yum:

Thanks for the inspiration, time to add a meatloaf to the rotation!

It brings back memories of my grandmother, she used to serve cold slices of meatloaf or ham on a salad plate during the dog days of summer!

I had mushrooms, asparagus, and a little bit of ham that needed to be used up, so I threw together an omelet for this evening's dinner. Sides were a slice of toasted sourdough and the other half of the mango I had from lunch.

Steve...that looks fabulous!

Last edited:
:yum:

Thanks for the inspiration, time to add a meatloaf to the rotation!

It brings back memories of my grandmother, she used to serve cold slices of meatloaf or ham on a salad plate during the dog days of summer!

+1....I'm inspired as well! I haven't had meatloaf in a few months, so when I read Beth's dinner post I took some ground beef out of the fridge to thaw. It'll be tomorrow's dinner, and I'm looking forward to meatloaf sandwiches for the next few days almost more than the original meal itself. :yum:

Meatloaf! :yum: Must make some when we get back to MA. Loverly said I'm cut off from cooking here because there is no more room in her fridge. :LOL:

Steve, as our younger niece is prone to say, "ermahgerd"! That is gorgeous! :yum:

We had leftovers before we headed out to a freebie talk at the Akron library. Afterward, we walked around the Italian Festival in downtown but didn't see anything worth getting. Ended up stopping at a Donato's Pizza and split a pizza 3 ways (1/3 for Himself AND me, 2/3 for "the boy"). Dear Donato's messed up our order, so we ate the thin-crust pizza that was placed in front of us and got a regular crust one to take home for the price of the one pizza. Win! Yeah, Goober ended up with nearly 2/3 of that one, too. BTW, he's skinny. :glare: I hate the kid. I swear he has a hollow leg...

We made manicotti with the Barilla oven-ready lasagna noodles after soaking them in some hot water for a bit. Craig made the sauce. Lots of filling leftover so we'll grab some shells, cook, fill and freeze them for later use.

Since we were heating up the oven, roasted a butternut squash for probably tonight's dinner and put a flan in to bake as well. No more use of the oven for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom