"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2017, 02:35 AM   #11
Executive Chef

I tried to give Jr-Jr (10 mon old) some warmed up split pea soup. Got 3 spoonful's into his mouth and of course he dribbles on his chin and I hit his nose when he wiggled his head. By the time he tasted his fourth bite, it hit him. This is not my usual moosh. He puckered up so much, cracked me right up. He finished his dinner with Gerber/s baby food, vaguely yellow color and it had Rice Something on the label. I am pretty sure his parents don’t give him gerber’s anything, or at least I have never seen any in their cupboards or seen him fed straight from a jar. I think they sent along a few jars just to make it easier for us.

I grilled chicken fajitas. It was a bit chilly. I put on my stocking cap and wore oven mitts to keep warm and just flip flops on my feet, so it is legitimate grilling weather. I made one plain boneless chicken strip for Miss Chatterbox (2 yr old), She did pretty good with that chopped up along with some yogurt and one grilled zuke slice. Dx’s chicken marinade was different than we/I usually make, so I will have to ask in the a.m. what she added.

One thing I realize, not new info, is just because the kids nap, doesn’t mean we get to do so too. I’m missing my siestas this week. I went to bed as soon as the kids went down tonight, which is why I am wide awake at this unholy hour.

Old 04-21-2017, 07:10 AM   #12
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Ross, the recipe you linked to looks like breakfast chicken. How sweet is it? I probably wouldn't try that recipe (I'm not a fan of dark meat), but I checked her blog quickly and she does have lots of recipes I could love. Yup, I can see spending time there, too, just like Cheryl.
The balsamic marries well with the sweetness to give the chicken wonderful flavor, in my opinion.. I don't believe that chicken should taste sweet.. Nagi goes to great lengths to test her dishes, often making something many times, changing this or that ingredient..

I understand that many people do not care for dark meat.. Our closest friends will only eat chicken breasts and that leaves many chicken dishes off the list of what we can serve them..

I do believe that her blog is well worth the time to read her take on the many dishes she offers..

Ross

Old 04-21-2017, 11:34 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cooking View Post
I Googled Cod Abaco and came up with a blank.. Could you tell me what it is, CWS?

Today's dinner..
Balsamic/Honey baked chicken, mashed potatoes, white corn and buttermilk biscuits... Ice cream later...
I don't remember where I got this recipe--sometime in the '80s.

4 cod fillets
1 green/red/yellow pepper, diced
1 tomato, diced
1 bunch of Italian parsley, minced (I have used cilantro--but not when making this for the Elders)
1 stick of butter, melted
1 lemon, juiced and zested
6 green onions (scallions)
some red pepper / jalapeno (when I don't make this for the Elders)

I pat the cod fillets dry, put some of the melted butter in the bottom of a pyrex dish, put the cod fillets in, then top them with all the other stuff, bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes.

I used cod loins yesterday, but you could use any white fish. I have also put salsa on top of the cod and then the veggies.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:03 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I don't remember where I got this recipe--sometime in the '80s.

4 cod fillets
1 green/red/yellow pepper, diced
1 tomato, diced
1 bunch of Italian parsley, minced (I have used cilantro--but not when making this for the Elders)
1 stick of butter, melted
1 lemon, juiced and zested
6 green onions (scallions)
some red pepper / jalapeno (when I don't make this for the Elders)

I pat the cod fillets dry, put some of the melted butter in the bottom of a pyrex dish, put the cod fillets in, then top them with all the other stuff, bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes.

I used cod loins yesterday, but you could use any white fish. I have also put salsa on top of the cod and then the veggies.
The cod fillets were 1-1/2 inches thick, about 5 inches long. I have used lime instead of lemon when I have used cilantro.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:26 AM   #15
Senior Cook

Thank you, CWS... We would like that..

Tags
cook