"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2017, 04:52 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Thursday April 20, 2017 -- Whatcha got cookin'?

I had to do a bunch of estate stuff this afternoon. Morning started bad--Mom woke me up at 5:30 a.m. because she was trying to get out of bed...not good--she is non-weight bearing, when the caregiver came, we left Mom in bed and I had to take care of doing the morning caregiver duties around 10:30 a.m. So....I remembered a recipe that my brother and I really liked for Cod Abaco. I had bought some cod loins a couple of weeks ago...so, thawed those and that is what is on the menu tonight--Cod Abaco with lemon-parsley rice and asparagus. Hope the Elders like it. What does everyone else have planned?

Old 04-20-2017, 05:18 PM   #2
Sous Chef

I Googled Cod Abaco and came up with a blank.. Could you tell me what it is, CWS?

Today's dinner..
Balsamic/Honey baked chicken, mashed potatoes, white corn and buttermilk biscuits... Ice cream later...

Old 04-20-2017, 05:22 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

We're getting Thai takeout. We're bean souped out. I'll sneak over to CG's and stuff it in her freezer.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:41 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cooking View Post
I Googled Cod Abaco and came up with a blank.. Could you tell me what it is, CWS?

Today's dinner..
Balsamic/Honey baked chicken, mashed potatoes, white corn and buttermilk biscuits... Ice cream later...
I would love to know more about the balsamic/honey baked chicken. I still have a couple gallons of honey from the last time we harvested.

We both had dental work today (love our dentist, she and her staff are great) and stopped at a local place afterward for pork barbecue sandwiches with fries. We have leftovers, so I'll heat them up and also make a salad to go alongside.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:03 PM   #5
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I would love to know more about the balsamic/honey baked chicken. I still have a couple gallons of honey from the last time we harvested.

We both had dental work today (love our dentist, she and her staff are great) and stopped at a local place afterward for pork barbecue sandwiches with fries. We have leftovers, so I'll heat them up and also make a salad to go alongside.
I use this blogger often.. We like her recipes..

http://www.recipetineats.com/baked-balsamic-chicken/

Ross
Old 04-20-2017, 06:20 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cooking View Post
I use this blogger often.. We like her recipes..

http://www.recipetineats.com/baked-balsamic-chicken/

Ross
Sounds delicious! Thanks, Ross!
Old 04-20-2017, 06:55 PM   #7
Head Chef

Salmon filets topped with a white wine sauce including scallions, tomatoes, and black olives, served over spinach linguine. Steamed brussel sprouts on the side.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:05 PM   #8
Master Chef

Oooh, that does sound good, Ross. Thanks for the link - another cooking blog to browse through tomorrow!

No cooking here this afternoon. It's 81 here now at 5PM and I already had the oven on earlier to make a banana bread. Fixin' to put together a cold plate and sit down in front of the TV. Watermelon, mango, apple, a cutie, some grapes....sliced cheddar and smoked gouda, and a few crackers. A glass of wine and I'll be all set.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:34 PM   #9
Sous Chef

GG and Cheryl... My pleasure...

I've followed Nagi for a couple of years now..

In addition to her offering recipes which coincide with my tastes, she is a fun and funny lady.. I look forward to her stories of her dog, Dozer...
Old 04-21-2017, 12:27 AM   #10
Master Chef

Ross, the recipe you linked to looks like breakfast chicken. How sweet is it? I probably wouldn't try that recipe (I'm not a fan of dark meat), but I checked her blog quickly and she does have lots of recipes I could love. Yup, I can see spending time there, too, just like Cheryl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
We're getting Thai takeout. We're bean souped out. I'll sneak over to CG's and stuff it in her freezer.
Lucky you that there's room, Dawg. I pulled a large container of chicken veggie soup from the freezer for tonight's dinner. There is an empty spot crying for something to fill it.

I bought a nice, crispy baguette for Himself since he likes bread with soup. He pouted until I said I'd make noodles - he had a taste for noodles. The bread will end up going to waist some other way.

"A dream is a festival of lights within your mind." ~~~ Joan Walsh Anglund
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cook