Thursday December 11th, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marinating chicken in a smokey chile lime cilantro sauce and I'm going to serve buttered cauliflower mashed like potatoes and Roasted carrots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm doing oven chicken wings as we await another big rain storm tonight. Yeahh!! We'll be getting some use of our new rain gauge!

I might do green rice with the wings. I love that with lots of fresh spinach and garlic cooked with the rice.

Dawg, I'm inspired! Tuna casserole is a great idea! :)

Kayelle, are you in any danger of flooding? I have family and friends in Modesto, Chico and the Sierra Nevadas east of Fresno and it's looking a little scary. We deal with those conditions frequently but I know it's unusual in California.

I think I'm going to roast some chicken breasts on top of potato's and carrots in my cast iron skillet. Brush the chicken with some mayo and add some spices. Add a salad.

Dawg, I'm inspired! Tuna casserole is a great idea! :)

Kayelle, are you in any danger of flooding? I have family and friends in Modesto, Chico and the Sierra Nevadas east of Fresno and it's looking a little scary. We deal with those conditions frequently but I know it's unusual in California.

Thanks for your concern GG, but we're high and dry here, although the storm coming down from northern Ca. is a real doozie! We should get some snow up on Topa Topa tonight (6,000 feet) to make a beautiful Christmas view from our house.

Yep, waiting on the big storm here, too. We so need the rain - but when it comes in as fast and furious as it is, there are going to be consequences. Especially in the burn areas. Hope to wake up to a nice blanket of snow on the Sierra Nevadas. :)

Anyway, I made a big pot of cream of broccoli soup this morning. Just had a big bowl of it with some garlic bread. I'll be enjoying that soup for the next couple of days, because as usual, I made a little too much. Good thing I love it. :yum:

Thanks for your concern GG, but we're high and dry here, although the storm coming down from northern Ca. is a real doozie! We should get some snow up on Topa Topa tonight (6,000 feet) to make a beautiful Christmas view from our house.

Glad to hear that. I was a bit surprised to see that parts of San Francisco flooded! I mean, it's all on a hill! How does the water pile up and flood?! Crazy stuff.

We got our storm yesterday and today. We're still snowed in. The DH plowed the driveway at the farm today. He's coming here for the weekend and will plow the driveway when he gets here. Until then, I'm snowed in. Got enough wood for the woodstove until then (and enough chicken feed for the girls and boys).

2 kinds of potstickers, chicken and pork. I LOVE the premade wrappers from the oriental market.

Back
Top Bottom