"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-08-2015, 09:10 PM   #11
Head Chef

Spinach & Mushroom Pizza

Old 10-08-2015, 09:29 PM   #12
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by salt and pepper View Post
Spinach & Mushroom Pizza

Thud * I'm drooling....

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:56 PM   #13
Certified Pretend Chef

That's my kind of pizza.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:03 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

My dad and stepmother are visiting for a few days. My nephew is driving from an army base in Kansas to his new posting in North Carolina and came by on his way. So my dad took us out to dinner at a local tavern. I had the crab cakes with Cajun aioli and mac and cheese. So good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1444356225343.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	23627  
Old 10-08-2015, 10:17 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Apple pie and cheese puffs. Taking full advantage of being a grownup and eating what I please!

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 11:44 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
We finally had the beef tartar. I chopped it by hand. I got two small blisters. I don't think I'll be doing that again. The meat was delicious, but the meal was a bit disappointing.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:46 PM   #17
Head Chef

Bought a Presto FryDaddy fryer today. My bigger Presto Cool Daddy was OK , but too bulky and too much a hassle to clean up, used too much oil, and didn't even reach 340F. I just fried up some chicken drumettes coated in Dixie Fry mix and some french fries with my FryDaddy and they fried up faster and crispier than my more expensive Presto CoolDaddy fryer ($45). The Presto Frydaddy was only $19 at K-mart. Old school is sometimes better.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:44 AM   #18
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
We finally had the beef tartar. I chopped it by hand. I got two small blisters. I don't think I'll be doing that again. The meat was delicious, but the meal was a bit disappointing.
I'm sad to hear that Taxi. Can you share why it was disappointing? I was really looking forward to a good report.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 02:10 AM   #19
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I just had the most wonderful, delicious experiencee!

Every year I look in vain for those little baby pumpkins.]

Finally after about six years, I found a net bag with 5 little pumpkins. The kind you would use to decorate.

6 years ago someone gave me a small adorable pumpkin, not as little as these.

I was hungry and pierced it just to the seed chamber, then threw it in the oven at 350° whole for as long as it took until it was cooked through and mushy tender.

I've wanted to experience that treat again, but had to wait 6 years.

These cuties are pretty small, but baked at 360° for an hour it was the same melt in the mouth wonderful experience.

I halved it when it was cooked, and scooped out the seeds, added salt and a lot of butter. YUMMY!

For dinner I'll have another serving of that delicious meat and spinach lasagna I made yesterday. Or, spaghetti with the rest of the meat and spaghetti sauce left over.

Oh boy! I still have 4 more baby pumpkins!!!
Mamma loves of doing this! I shall buy her of these!

I made of the nice sausage balls and put these into Joyce's nice sauce for spaghetti. We had spaghetti and a nice salad and the homemade garlic and cheese breads. Uncle Nicu will become home tomorrow but we must wait upon his diet and foods.

~Cat
Old 10-09-2015, 03:07 AM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I'm sad to hear that Taxi. Can you share why it was disappointing? I was really looking forward to a good report.
That's really hard to say. I was trying to do a Danish fusion sort of thing. Danes make a "løvemad" (lion food) open faced sandwich. I have enjoyed that on rugbrød (heavy all rye bread), but maybe it was the German bread that's just a little different. The Danish one is a slice of the bread, lettuce, the meat, an egg yoke in an onion ring or two, capers, freshly grated horseradish, and maybe some chopped beets. I put the meat on our plates. I put out the grated horseradish, chopped shallots, capers, lettuce, hot sauce, Worcestershire, a jar of grated beets and horseradish (which had more heat and horseradish flavour than the fresh stuff), raw egg yoke, homemade mayo, and seedy and smooth Dijon. We tried out different combinations and some were better than others, but none of it "popped".

I'll try it again, but I'll use wheat bread toast (I've had it that way in bars in Denmark and it was more interesting, than ours was). Maybe the rye bread overwhelmed it. Another time, I'll also try following that recipe you linked to. This will take some experimenting.

Lots of recipes said not to use a food processor for the meat. A few said to partially freeze the meat and cut it into small chunks before carefully using the food processor. All the Danish recipes said to scrape the meat or use a meat grinder and make sure the disc and blade are very sharp.

Tags
dinner