Thursday Dinner - 8/9/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
I can't find any fun holidays today, so I guess it will be a "whatcha eatin tonight" post.

Grilled B/S chicken breasts (cut in strips) in a BBQ sauce marinade, corn on the cob, leftover potato salad and cole slaw.

Waiting for the water to boil for shrimp putanesca..and cucumber salad..so...many...cucumbers..

Attachments

• seven_kirk_00.jpg
    seven_kirk_00.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 115
I'm picking grandkids up and staying at their house for the weekend. Chicken wraps tonight. Kids love them.

Russ

I'm unbrining a pork tenderloin. Not sure what else yet.

Fish and tossed salads tonight. I had a pan seared salmon steak and SO had baked haddock.

I thought I already posted this. Getting old sucks.

Chicken wings are thawing, and I will grill them if it is not raining, or fry them if it is. I would not mind at all being rained out -- we need the rain, badly.

CD

We had Takes Forever Salad, Jerk grilled chicken, ginger-roasted beets, sauteed zucchini and summer squash with TJ's Everyday Seasoning, grilled pineapple, and rice cooked with coconut milk and lime zest.

The grands and I ate all of the fruits and veggies this afternoon and called it dinner....yay! My fridge veggie drawers are empty and cleaned out in anticipation of the farmers market Saturday morning. I'm going to set my alarm for 6 to be there at 7 when they open. That'll be tough since I'm not one to get up, presentable, and out the door so early....:ermm::LOL:

Last edited:
I made Thai-style chicken with sweet Thai chili sauce over rice with marinated cucumbers. After prepping everything, I was too tired to cook it, so DH pitched in :wub:
0809182047a.jpg

I don't really want to get into details, but things beyond my control went terribly wrong with my chicken wing plans, and I had to throw them in the trash. :mad:

So, it is cold cut sandwiches and potato chips for dinner, tonight.

CD

Last edited:
Having taken my new Frywall for a test drive last night,
making Zippy's Fried Chicken...
I have some leftover chicken.

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

This is DH's plate, Zippy's Chili (that I bring back from Hawaii-frozen),
one scoop rice and two piece chicken-oh and diced sweet white onions on his chili

011.jpg

012.jpg

My plate... one scoop rice, one scoop mac salad,
one chicken and little bit Chili

002.JPG

Oh my gravy!! I'm so stuffed!
That was so ono, i'm so happy, that was a local gals dream meal!!!

Great pictures tonight!!

We had pan fried HdP lamb chops with corn off the cob and some pencil thin asparagus pieces sauteed in garlic herb butter. Garlic toast finished the meal.

Zoinks! Do you realize that's SIX dishes?! Wow. Good job.
Huh, didn't seem like a lot of work either, GG. Well, except for the salad. :LOL: Himself grilled the chicken and pineapple, the rice takes a while to simmer, the beets went into the toaster oven first, and the squash sautes quickly. Still, I think tomorrow just might be "cook's night off". ;) Now if I could just figure out photos and sharing with the new phone...

Huh, didn't seem like a lot of work either, GG. Well, except for the salad. :LOL: Himself grilled the chicken and pineapple, the rice takes a while to simmer, the beets went into the toaster oven first, and the squash sautes quickly. Still, I think tomorrow just might be "cook's night off". ;) Now if I could just figure out photos and sharing with the new phone...

I gotta hand it to you too CG. It's rare that I do more than one or maybe two sides with a daily dinner unless we're having company. Often the only side is a glorified salad thanks to the SC. Like you, I love a great dinner salad and hate to make it.

Back
Top Bottom