Thursday Dinner - 9/27/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have half a pack of "beef for frying" strips I'm not sure what to do with. If it were chicken, I'd fry up pieces, add curry powder and add it to rice and green peas and onion.

I marinated half the pack of beef strips in Teriyaki sauce and then just broiled them. Not very exciting. Had a baked potato to go with it.

Any suggestions on how to fry up beef strips to add to rice? Obviously not curry powder (curry does fine with chicken). I have peas, onions, garlic, celery, etc. Those are all ingredients to fry up my OK chicken curry rice meal, not beef strips tho. I want to try rice with inexpensive fried beef strips. I haven't a clue what to add. Buy some mushrooms?
Rice and beef strips.

Last edited:
Bulgogi wirh banchan. Square plate enoki pancakes. Left to right Korean spinach salad, homemade kimchi, sauteed shi-taki and beech mushrooms.

Attachments

• 2018-09-27 18.30.53.jpg
    2018-09-27 18.30.53.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 131
  • 2018-09-27 17.55.23.jpg
    2018-09-27 17.55.23.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 125
I have half a pack of "beef for frying" strips I'm not sure what to do with. If it were chicken, I'd fry up pieces, add curry powder and add it to rice and green peas and onion.

I marinated half the pack of beef strips in Teriyaki sauce and then just broiled them. Not very exciting. Had a baked potato to go with it.

Any suggestions on how to fry up beef strips to add to rice? Obviously not curry powder (curry does fine with chicken). I have peas, onions, garlic, celery, etc. Those are all ingredients to fry up my OK chicken curry rice meal, not beef strips tho. I want to try rice with inexpensive fried beef strips. I haven't a clue what to add. Buy some mushrooms?
Rice and beef strips.
Make a beef teriyaki stir-fry. Substitute the vegetables you have for the ones in the recipe and, if you still have teriyaki sauce, use that. Serve over whatever kind of rice you like.
https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/teriyaki-beef-stir-fry-for-3/

Rice and beef strips.

"Beef for Frying" sounds like "Stew Beef." Scraps of who knows what. I'd give it a good marinade. Then, good luck.

Let us know how it works out.

CD

I had "Pasta Caseydog" tonight. I wanted pasta -- my favorite, Penne. I looked at what I had, and shot from the hip.

I browned some diced bacon (can't go wrong with bacon), and used the bacon fat to sauté some sliced green onions, a thin sliced jalapeño from the garden (HOT), and diced garlic. I added some diced tomatoes and simmered for about ten minutes. I then added some fresh basil from my garden, stirred in my cooked pasta, topped it off with some more basil and fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, and voila, Pasta Caseydog.

It was a bit hotter than I intended, but the flavor was great.

Tonight, cooking was fun AND flavorful. :chef::yum:

CD

Attachments

• PastaCasey.jpg
    PastaCasey.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 124
Looks good, Casey. I love the look of the grated 'snowfall' of parm on a pasta dish. :yum:

Last edited:
I went out to lunch again today and had a reuben sandwich. :yum: I was still stuffed by evening so I had a bowl of watermelon for dinner.

Talk about lazy, you made everyone toss their own salads? :rolleyes:

CD :D
:-p First of all, the "everyone" was me...and Himself. ;) Second, I could have called it a "composed" salad but that sounds so formal. :LOL: Besides, there is nothing "composed" about my cooking...or this cook. :cool: It did look pretty, didn't it?

:-p First of all, the "everyone" was me...and Himself. ;) Second, I could have called it a "composed" salad but that sounds so formal. :LOL: Besides, there is nothing "composed" about my cooking...or this cook. :cool: It did look pretty, didn't it?

Was the photo of the salad you tossed, or the one "Himself" tossed? I hope his looked better than yours, since you couldn't be bothered to toss two salads in one bowl and split it (shakes head).

Or, you could have asked him to toss the salad, and split that.

CD :D

Last edited:
Supporting your local restaurants, eh Cheryl? Or just bailing on cooking? ;)

We had toss-your-own salads, and shrimp scampi with spaghetti. Yum!
View attachment 31653View attachment 31654

Both, I guess. :LOL: I've made big pots of soup over the past couple of weeks, and I'm kind of taking a break from cooking for the next few days. Plus, going out to lunch is fun! I never eat lunch unless I go out, so by the time my early dinner time comes around, I'm still full. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom