Thursday Jan 12th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
No one is cooking today? I have a huge pot of wild rice on the go (and some maple bacon waiting--that's thanks to FrankZ...no Kathleen). Not sure what I'm going to do with it. I might just break up the bacon and top the rice with butter. I might add green beans or broccoli. I might make a bechamel...but I kind of just like wild rice with S&P and butter.

Well, hardly cooking today. Have some black eyed peas been going all day in chicken stock and will saute some diced cotto and diced onion celery and add some roasted sweet peppers. Should be a five minute special.

I was rummaging through the freezer looking for something for dinner and came across a package of filets mignon. Sounded like a good idea so that's what's for dinner. I 'll make some cheese mashed potatoes and SO always wants peas with mashed.

i made a spinach,lemon,almond pesto this a.m. going to have on a piece of fish. not sure yet about the other sides. probable a couple of mild green veggies. don't want to over power the fish. or maybe just corn. and let the spinach be a veggie serving.

I was rummaging through the freezer, too. I transferred a container into the fridge last night. It's not thawed and I don't know what it is anyway yet, so tonight I think I'll just reheat some of the mac & cheese I made last night.

Oh my gosh...it's 4:30. What to have for supper? Running downstairs to check the deep freeze!

Roast chicken, smashed potatoes, some kind of salad and if I can find creamed corn that's happening too. I love creamed corn.

I had a late lunch with a friend. I was going to make Breakfast for dinner but reheating a bowl of soup from last night was easier, quicker and less dishes.!

I have a new Italian pasta casserole ready for the oven.. "Chicken Artichoke Florentine" It sure looks pretty so I'll try to post a picture after it comes out of the oven.

I'll serve it with garlic toast.

Meatloaf (onion soup mix, egg, uncooked rolled oats, green pepper, mushroom, cheddar, mustard, ketchup, spices and hot sauce), baked taters (with butter, sour cream and chives), brown gravy, and steamed frozen spinach.

img_1095152_0_94001311cefa5f6807fbe750f2fa8cb1.jpg

All that talk about the bacon Frank got made me wanting some, so it was a BLT on whole grain toast for me. Yum.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom