Thursday Jan. 2nd. WHAT'S SUP?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I realized I have a green bell pepper in the fridge and it has to be used so Chinese pepper steak over jasmine rice.

What's Sup with you?

good you remind me... I have red bell pepper that needs some attention...
we have tons of eggs and still meat left from the fondue..
let's see what that gets..

Glenn's daughter sent us home last week with a boatload of ham which we've eaten in some form or fashion alternating with leftover Christmas turkey. Tonight we'll grill some nice thick ham slices, add some candied sweet potatoes, green beans as our sides. No iced tea tonight. The weather dictates hot tea. Plenty of Christmas sweets for dessert.

hmmm, I've got part of a green pepper, too. I think I'll just eat mine as is for a snack. There's not enough of it to bother to cook.
I've got a taste for wings. Maybe some wings and disco fries.

Heading to a friend's party. She's serving ham too. We're bringing cheese and crackers.

I just took pork chops, wings and a slab of baby backs from the freezer downstairs.
Pork chops tonight.

Ribs and wings for game on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We get two meals from the ribs, plus there will be some wings left over to. So the weekend is thawing as we speak.

Working with the last couple of meals of raw ingredients so we can have leftovers tomorrow and still leave plenty of mini-meals when we leave on Saturday.

I'm making a big pan of fried cabbage and noodles plus a pot of cheesy cauliflower soup. Need soup on a day like today. Cold and blowing snow. Just so long as it's clear driving on Saturday I suppose I shouldn't complain.

Dinner is going to be just a big salad with spinach, baby tomatoes, red onion, sliced cuke, a spoonful of leftover broccoli, blanched pea pods and avocado. Home-made blue cheese dressing.

Baked chicken breasts stuffed with spinach and cheese, accompanied by roast potato wedges and braised celery and carrots.That should nicely clear out my fridge in time for tomorrow's supermarket delivery.

I have a couple of beautiful big thick loin pork chops in brine and I'll be doing them outside on the hot grill as instructed by America's Test Kitchen. You mix together
1 1/2 tsp. honey
1 tsp. anchovy paste
1 tsp black pepper
1 Tbs. oil
brush mixture on chops and grill with spectacular results. They always have beautiful grill marks without over cooking them. They should test with an instant read thermometer at 145 degrees, and rest covered for 5-10 minutes.
We'll also have baked potatoes and green salad.

Last edited:
Cute title.

We are having turkey cutlets with sweet potato fries done in the oven with little oil and a choice of salads. TB will probably have Greek and I will have spring greens with cucumbers and beets!

I found these precooked beets at Costco. Four vac packs with 3-4 beets in them. The first pack I heated in the microwave and ate them with a little salt - memories from the past. This time is cold!

Tonight was grilled cheese with extra sharp cheddar and tomatoes on pumpernickel, and a green salad.

I had a civic league meeting tonight so we had a super-easy, and pretty tasty, Bertolli frozen dinner: lobster ravioli with asiago cheese sauce and red bell peppers. I'll make up for the lack of a green veg tomorrow :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom