Thursday July 12th, 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DH is working out of town so dinner is just me, all the kids are at home so guess I'll have something DH hates...:ROFLMAO: Large Prawns in white wine,garlic,parsley lemon juice,butter,chives,tarragon salt and pepper with lots of warm Italian bread and butter to soak up the juices from the prawns..dessert NO, anything else to go with the prawns and bread HECK NO:LOL:
kades

harry, spectacular as usual!

craigsy, i don't care what you call it, pass me a slice of that pie. now i've got led zeppelin's "custard pie" in my head.

yay, i got to eat homecooked food. as i'd been jonesin' for turkey comfort food, dw made something pretty close tonight: baked bone-in chicken breasts, mashed taters, cranberry sauce, and sweet corn on the cob. it really hit the spot.

we ate early, and after pulling weeds in the garden, swimming, and a katie-bar-the-door game of wiffle ball, i'm hungry again. maybe pizza, maybe sushi. pics to follow.

Last edited:
I was so not into cooking, I just had Grape Nuts and milk with a little maple syrup.

Do not let this man near a humboldt squid! If he considers those to be baby squid, he'll be trying to stuff a whole roast suckling pig in a humboldt!:ohmy:
you wanna see the ones that got away C:ohmy::LOL:!!
the quiche(oops sorry andy)PIE looks brill craig,wish i could bake:(!

beautiful squid up there! My partner is away so I can feed my need for delectable innards: deviled lamb kidneys on savory thyme waffles. Got a taste for offal from my British Columbian mom.
cheers robo! offal? now you're talkin'! liver & bacon:yum: fried chicken livers:yum: turkey necks,gizzards & parsons noses:yum::yum:!
if you think the squid were big craig,take a look at those turkey bums,might use them to stuff the humboldt.....now where's me net:ohmy:?

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 139
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
harry, spectacular as usual!

craigsy, i don't care what you call it, pass me a slice of that pie. now i've got led zeppelin's "custard pie" in my head.

yay, i got to eat homecooked food. as i'd been jonesin' for turkey comfort food, dw made something pretty close tonight: baked bone-in chicken breasts, mashed taters, cranberry sauce, and sweet corn on the cob. it really hit the spot.

we ate early, and after pulling weeds in the garden, swimming, and a katie-bar-the-door game of wiffle ball, i'm hungry again. maybe pizza, maybe sushi. pics to follow.
cheers tom,nachos grande?collard greens?katie bar the door? wiffle ball? grape nuts?all sounds very exotic but i'm confused.com:wacko:! could someone post a list of commonly used phrases so that i know what you guy's are talking about please?

I got some nice oyster mushrooms yesterday and some nice pencil asparagus today. Karen took some leftover mashed taters and gruyere cheese, made a pie shell and created this:

36788-albums799-picture4938.jpg

36788-albums799-picture4937.jpg

Don't know what to call it. Could be a quiche or just a pie!:LOL: Whatever it was mighty tasty!:yum:

That certainly does look fabulous Craig :chef:

I got some nice oyster mushrooms yesterday and some nice pencil asparagus today. Karen took some leftover mashed taters and gruyere cheese, made a pie shell and created this:

36788-albums799-picture4938.jpg

36788-albums799-picture4937.jpg

Don't know what to call it. Could be a quiche or just a pie!:LOL: Whatever it was mighty tasty!:yum:

Yummy! Call it fisherman's pie - like shepherd's pie, but with seafood :chef:

We had grilled steak with chimichurri sauce, salad, grilled marinated zucchini & summer squash, and sweet potato waffle fries. S'mores and grilled pineapple for dessert.

Nice, all!

Went to dinner with friends last night, to a wonderful locals place. You can ask for a special lion fish menu.

Fresh lion fish ceviche, incredible. Coconut crusted lion fish, best in da world! We also enjoyed lion fish with garlic and butter.

A nasty, imported, gorgeous invasive fish, that is so incredibly delicious, I would put it up against my beloved walleye.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom