Thursday July 2, what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
Last edited:
Hey. No one goes to a celebration dinner at a steakhouse and gets a salad and shrimp. Happy anniversary! Now go enjoy yourself! Have an aperitif and a dessert cocktail, too! :heart:

Woo Hoo.....what a beautiful menu Beth! I know for sure that this would be a starter for me..

Steak Tartar

With Fresh Cut
Filet Mignon
and Bacon Aioli

Tonight I'll be pan frying some thick brined porterhouse cut pork chops,
roasted asparagus and loaded baked potatoes

Happy 1st anniversary Beth! Ain't love grand? :flowers::heart:

BBQ tonight! Friends are joining us for a BBQ. I made a pulled pork Tuesday that I'll be reheating. I have baby back ribs and ABTs smoking as we speak. Sides will be BBQ baked beans and cole slaw. Dessert will be Apple squares and ice cream. Beverages wil be some combination of wine, beer and Moonshine.

Tried out a simple salad recipe...wafer thin slices of celeriac, fennel and apple in a lemon dressing. Was OK but thought it would be better than that.

Had it with raw jumbo prawns, panfried with garlic and cherry tomatoes with a pain rustique style bread. Oh and some raw red pepper with sour cream dip.

Officially wishing you and your DH a Happy First Anniversary, beth! Enjoy your dinner - the place sounds perfect!

Shrimp here too, creative! Only mine will be small ones. I pulled some parsley, butter, and lemon from the fridge, grabbed a box of spaghetti from the pantry, and shrimp from the freezer. Once they're "married", we'll enjoy, along with a salad.

We were supposed to head to the shore today. A friend of mine keeps a camper trailer down in Rhode Island, and she and her hubby swear by one of the little clam shacks. Sadly, Himself is still nursing a gouty toe (WHY he got it when I'm the drinker in the house, I'll never know, but I thank him for it) and didn't want to head there just yet. Good thing, too, since all the roads around anywhere are jam-packed with drivers paying more attention to what they'll do when they get to a beach rather than paying attention to getting to the beach safely. :wacko:

We had baked breaded cod. Seems like something fishy is going on at DC tonight. The remainder of the meal was due to the generosity of our container garden. We had several varieties of tomatoes, sauteed yellow squash, sliced cucumbers and corn-on-the-cob, which was frozen from last year's big garden. Iced tea washed it down and we had banana nut bread brownies with browned butter icing for dessert.

Happy anniversary, Beth. Bet your year seemed to flash by. Our first year did. As Glenn says, "It's all good."

Happy anniversary Beth+Hubs ! Enjoy your night out and all your time together.

I "made" bean soup, the Campbell kids kind and a toasted English muffin. And a good size bowl of ice cream with berries.

Happy 1st anniversary, Beth! Best wishes to you both for many more years of happiness. :flowers:

So many wonderful sounding dinners this evening, as always. I'm craving seafood now. :yum:

Beth, that resto looks like a perfect place to celebrate. Congrats on the 1st anniversary.

I finally made that loaded salad. It was a tossed salad with "stuff": avocado, croutons, feta, capers, olives, hard boiled eggs, and tuna. The dressing was a homemade ranch style dressing. We had Mateus with that. It was an excellent meal for a summer evening.

So, we had fish too.

Attachments

• IMG_20150702_200310.jpg
    IMG_20150702_200310.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20150702_200629.jpg
    IMG_20150702_200629.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_20150702_200909.jpg
    IMG_20150702_200909.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 134
OK you guys, that does it. :LOL: My next nice dinner will be something from the sea. Looks great, Taxy and CG! :ohmy::yum:

I had cheesy enchiladas for dinner this evening. :)

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Happy 1st anniversary Beth! Lovely pics, all.

We had one of our favorites, coconut crusted lion fish! And the mango salsa they served with it was to die for.

Last edited:
We took our granddaughter to the Melting Pot, for her first fondue experience.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom