Thursday July 7 - Whatcha Eatin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, and don't mind the hockey references, they were about the Stanley Cup Final where our two teams met......and the best team won - it was Andy's (and I mean that totally and I still love our guys for their wonderful year).

Oh, and don't mind the hockey references, they were about the Stanley Cup Final where our two teams met......and the best team won - it was Andy's (and I mean that totally and I still love our guys for their wonderful year).
I won't :) I can give it as good as I get! I'm not the kind of person that can't laugh at myself once in a while!

Sounds good :) Haven't had chinese in ages, I usually go for sweet and sour prawns with egg fried rice and steamed dumplings on the side. Yum!

I went through my recipe box and had myself all set to try Pirogi lasagna until I realized I'm out of sauerkraut. Don't feel like going to the store for just that so now I'm leaning toward something with chicken.

BT congrats. to your parents and don't mess with the fortune cookies!

Very hot and humid so I am having a slice of scary looking pizza and a salad. Maybe just the salad!

BT - tell your folks happy birthday! It's great that you still have them around and they are able to go to dinner with you. My FIL will be 83 in Aug and is doing well but my MIL is 83 and suffering dementia so we don't do much for her birthday any more.

After a trip to the freezer in the garage, there's a change of plans for supper. I found 2 nice Delmonico steaks. Out they came and are thawing now. I'll zap them in the microwave if I have to! I'll grill those and we'll have the left over potato salad and 3bean salad from the weekend.

I went through my recipe box and had myself all set to try Pirogi lasagna until I realized I'm out of sauerkraut. Don't feel like going to the store for just that so now I'm leaning toward something with chicken.

How about chicken lasagna. Maybe add mushrooms if you have.

BT - tell your folks happy birthday! It's great that you still have them around and they are able to go to dinner with you. My FIL will be 83 in Aug and is doing well but my MIL is 83 and suffering dementia so we don't do much for her birthday any more.

After a trip to the freezer in the garage, there's a change of plans for supper. I found 2 nice Delmonico steaks. Out they came and are thawing now. I'll zap them in the microwave if I have to! I'll grill those and we'll have the left over potato salad and 3bean salad from the weekend.

You could put them in front of a fan or in a bowl of cold water to defrost them quicker, beats putting them in a microwave :)

The plan for tonight is turkey kielbasa (one of only a couple turkey "something else" products I like), cooked with sauerkraut, along with macaroni and cheese, and peas. :cool:

The plan for tonight is turkey kielbasa (one of only a couple turkey "something else" products I like), cooked with sauerkraut, along with macaroni and cheese, and peas. :cool:

That sound de'freekin'licious! You're having 2 of my favourites! I'm a big fan of sauerkraut and mac 'n cheese

I changed my mind about the left over spaghetti when I realized I could use the meat sauce and make a quick and easy lasagna. I have the no-cook noodles, mozzarella, and cottage cheese instead of ricotta.

I tried the cottage cheese w/egg mixture the last two times. I like it just as well and I usually have it on hand.

's too hot to eat....everything good is frozen solid. i'm taking some ground bison (buffalo) meat out from the freezer for maniana, see what that tastes like....

I'll be making pasta and veggies.

I picked a zucchini, a yellow squash, and some grape tomatoes from the garden and I'm planning to saute then with some onion in butter and olive oil and toss it with some pasta and parm cheese. Probably have a big salad on the side.

I'll be having the wings. I thought July 7th rang a bell... the exp date.

How funny! The one night this week that I definitely had something planned to cook, James comes home a little early and says, "Let's go get something to eat." :LOL: We went to Wendy's.

I boiled some tiny Dutch gold potatoes in beef broth until soft then removed and smashed each one into a little round wheel. I fried those in the deep fryer while I cooked some burgers in a rippin' hot cast iron skillet and reduced the beef broth until it was a very rich beef gravy, which was wonderful on the fries

I boiled some tiny Dutch gold potatoes in beef broth until soft then removed and smashed each one into a little round wheel. I fried those in the deep fryer while I cooked some burgers in a rippin' hot cast iron skillet and reduced the beef broth until it was a very rich beef gravy, which was wonderful on the fries
Your fries sound really interesting! I will have to try them that way. :cool:

I'll be making pasta and veggies.

I picked a zucchini, a yellow squash, and some grape tomatoes from the garden and I'm planning to saute then with some onion in butter and olive oil and toss it with some pasta and parm cheese. Probably have a big salad on the side.

Since I haven't posted any dinner photos lately.....

Attachments

• PastaVeg.jpg
    PastaVeg.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 180
Back
Top Bottom