Thursday July 7 - Whatcha Eatin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had grilled pork chops, fresh sauteed Swiss chard (from the garden), and a garden salad of red lettuce, red onion, radishes, and fresh strawberries and some feta cheese, dressed with a a balsamic vinegar-olive oil vinegrette. Of course, this was my supper and the DH's lunch. I was up at 3:00 a.m. working, so by noon, I was starving (the quinoa portridge didn't fill the spot this morning for some reason--probably should've gone with a couple of fresh eggs from the HENS). And the peaches I bought on Tuesday were awful--the HENS liked them, but we didn't.

Last edited:
Our neighbors went fishing. Caught lots of trout and didn't eat them all so gave the rest to us. They were cleaned and ready to cook - so mr. callie lemon peppered them heavily and smoked them. We shared with family and friends and kept 2 for ourselves. mr. had his w/ toasted cheese bread and I had a twice baked tater w/mine.

We ended up having a skillet with farmer's sausage, potatoes, mushrooms, tomatoes, cheese and scrambled eggs. Kinda nice after all the BBQ and camp food!

I recently subscribed to Clean Eating magazine and made one of the meals from it tonight.

Catfish braised in orange juice
A cool salad made from fresh corn, string beans, fresh tomatoes, a pinch of salt and a tiny bit of olive oil. (Corn and string beans were par-boiled and chilled.)

Cherry cobbler for dessert - a recipe from a family friend.

It felt like summertime!

Baked Turkey Breast
Mashed Potatoes
Fake Gravy :yuk::yuk::yuk: Washed the rest down the drain
Tomato, Cucumber and Red Onion Salad

Cantaloupe for dessert.:chef:

I recently subscribed to Clean Eating magazine and made one of the meals from it tonight.

Catfish braised in orange juice
A cool salad made from fresh corn, string beans, fresh tomatoes, a pinch of salt and a tiny bit of olive oil. (Corn and string beans were par-boiled and chilled.)

Cherry cobbler for dessert - a recipe from a family friend.

It felt like summertime!
I got a recipe book from them but haven't made anything from it yet. You have inspired me!:chef:

thank you uncle bob, mama, lp, andy, jabbur, and aunt bea for the birthday wishes for my parents. i showed them your posts and they thought it was pretty neat.

we had a very nice dinner, and i was able to get mom and dad to try pork yat gaw mein, and shrimp kung pao.

oh, i gipped mom out of a year. she'll be 86 on saturday.:)

thanks again.

Last edited:
We ended up having a skillet with farmer's sausage, potatoes, mushrooms, tomatoes, cheese and scrambled eggs. Kinda nice after all the BBQ and camp food!

Now that's a good idea! I haven't made one of those in a while.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom