Thursday June 28th supper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went with crusted belly pork on mustard mash.
tumblr_m6cdxgjyyi1r5l3nso1_500.jpg

Broiled bone-in rib steak (2 ribs), 2 or 3 slices of Pepperidge Farm's hearty white bread and a salad with a creamy roquefort dressing. Fond memories of the ice cream that I devoured last night.

I made CraigC's summer squash casserole. It took an hour to cook, but might have also been done about 45 minutes. I made it exactly as he said with no substitutions and I ended up with it all tossed together with the Ritz cracker crumb buttered topping.

Very nice. Thanks, Craig!

Last edited:
going out for a pal's birthday at the Barkin Dog...but first we will have some of the goat cheese appy's I posted
kades

Was going to make a chicken curry, but Stirling's tummy said no hot (spicy) food, so we ordered pizza. For some reason his tummy always seems to be able to tolerate pizza.

I made CraigC's summer squash casserole. It took an hour to cook, but might have also been done about 45 minutes. I made it exactly as he said with no substitutions and I ended up with it all tossed together with the Ritz cracker crumb buttered topping.

Very nice. Thanks, Craig!

You're welcome, glad you liked it. I made it last night to go with meatloaf. I've been thinking that it might just work with mirliton!;)

Tonight we had our Mexican chorizo "pull" with fresh pico and chips.:yum:

If/when I can find some chicken broth in the freezer I will be heating up some of my BFF's awesome wontons. She makes them often and always brings me a big bag. And they are fine for my throat - Chinese chicken noodle soup (though it is pork). :)

I dumped a container of Herdez Salsa Casera Hot on some chuck steaks, wedged and added a large onion, and a little tomato juice, covered it and put it in the oven at 350 degrees for approximately an hour. For the sides, I cooked frozen peas on the stove top, adding a very small amount (about half a serving each because of our diet) Ronzoni Garden Delights rotini to the peas as they cooked. Wow, was that all good together!:yum::yum:

Last edited:
Ooh, I love Herdez salsa. Sounds like a good meal!

I had a tuna melt and some watermelon. :)

Too hot to cook.

Lunch - cold pasta salad:
Penne, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, slivers of roasted sweet red peppers, gorganzola cheese, on a bed of arugula, with creamy basil yogurt dressing, & a glass of Chablis.

Dinner - Seafood/Crab salad on torn romaine, fresh lemon wedges, w/ remoulade dressing (from the deli). Fresh strawberries & Milano cookies for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom