Thursday May 24, 2018 What are you eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
It's late afternoon and still no clue what's for dinner. DD knocks down every meal idea! She's really annoying me! I will wait till she gets home and deal with it then.

What are you eating?

Finishing off a bunch of vegetable salads and curry, hummus on whole grained toast, then a slow cooked bear roast and a cheesy raclette and potato casserole for the guys. Tomorrow no cooking, cheese making takes up all the kitchen space.

It's late afternoon and still no clue what's for dinner. DD knocks down every meal idea! She's really annoying me! I will wait till she gets home and deal with it then.

What are you eating?
Why don't you make what you want and let her fend for herself when she gets home? Peanut butter and jelly is always good. Or grilled cheese [emoji38]

I just put the pan of chicken, green chile, sour cream enchiladas in the oven. If I don't feel too sick of asparagus, that will be the side.

Beth, that sounds delicious!

I'm going to steam an artichoke, with a deviled egg or two on the side.

(...there sure are a lot of days in May this year....:ohmy::D)

Last edited:
Andy, I have a taste for shrimp - scampi style. If you made that, I'll be by later...

Why don't you make what you want and let her fend for herself when she gets home? Peanut butter and jelly is always good. Or grilled cheese [emoji38]
^ That would be my plan, msmofet. I say tell Miss Picky that she can be "Miss Picky-something-up-for-yourself" tonight.

We're having ham and beans and collard greens. Probably the last time this year until the weather starts getting cold again. :ermm: Which actually could be this Sunday. :wacko: H-B-CGs again can wait until the fall...

Homemade crab ravioli using the knuckle meat from our last of the season stone crab claws, with a roasted red bell pepper sauce, and a simple salad to start.

Attachments

• 2018-05-24 18.28.35.jpg
    2018-05-24 18.28.35.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 135
Mrs. T is delighted with whatever I decide to make, as she is not happy with the alternative (she has to cook!). All I ever hear is "what are we having for dinner tonight?".

Getting ready to kick off the New England summer, tonight's appy was steamers (Mrs. T could make a meal of them), dinner was lobster (on sale for $5.88 / lb.). Accompaniments were Bush's Grillin Beans enhanced with bacon and onions, cole slaw.

I had a pan fried hamburger with sliced tomato and hot vinegar banana pepper rings.

hamburger_052418_IMG_4223.jpg

That looks and sounds phenomenal! What kind of sauce is it?

Thanks, it is. Roasted and peeled red bells, sauteed onions and garlic that are pureed with the red bells, with a bit of chicken or seafood stock, some cream, s and p, and whatever is leftover from the fairly thick bechemel sauce I mix with the shredded crab to make the ravioli filling. Don't have a recipe with amounts, just kind of wing it each time depending on amount of crab I have.

We ended up with 14 raviolis, about 2-1/2 inches, which were filled with a nicely rounded tablespoon each. I used 1-1/2 large red bells, about half of a large onion and a couple cloves of garlic. Bechemel was about 3 Tbsp butter and flour, salt and white pepper, and whatever cream it took to make it fairly thick. I just use enough of that to bind the crab some. For the rest of the liquids for the sauce, I just eyeballed it, so no clue on amounts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom