Thursday Night Dinner 9/11/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to the menu, rolled pasta.
Yup, that's what the menu says and it's not wrong, but not very descriptive. So, you found the menu for Scarolies. ;) Stirling didn't have the "Rotolo Alla Milanese". He had one from today's table d'hôte menu.

thanks andy and taxy.

i've never heard that term before. pizza dough stuffed and rolled like that is called a stromboli. i figured it was something similar.

thanks andy and taxy.

i've never heard that term before. pizza dough stuffed and rolled like that is called a stromboli. i figured it was something similar.
I hadn't hear the term before either. You're right, it is rolled and stuffed like stromboli. Another difference is rotolo is cut before baking while stromboli is cut after baking.

Nope, I meant take a boo. Is that another one of those regional things? Sorry all. Take a boo means to peruse...
Taken in context, I figured it was your own shorthand (shortspeak?) for "peek-a-boo", as in take a quick look at the magazine. Either that, or your issue was featuring pumpkin pies and cookies, maybe a cauldron of eye of bat, etc.

Himself did a fish run for fried cod and scallops. I made coleslaw per the Chief's recipe (it's the only coleslaw I like, it seems) and cut, soaked, and seasoned Russet potato wedges for oven dinner fries. Lots left over to add to the other leftovers from the past couple days. I'm not complaining, I won't have to cook after running errands/grocery shopping tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom