Thursday Night Dinner 9/11/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philkel

Assistant Cook
Tonight's dinner is fillet steak (grass fed), mine will be done rare. My partner Lizzie will have her's done medium well (waste of a good steak in my opinion). That will be served on a bed of baby spinach. Along with hand made potato wedges and all served up with a cream and pepper sauce. :chef:

The wedges are from golden creme potatoes, peeled then cut into quarters length ways on the potato. (I use potatoes that have some length on them) Placed in a baking tray and drizzled with olive and mixed herbs. Place in a preheated oven at 180c/350f for 30 to 40 mins.

My brother and his wife are coming into town tonight. We're going to order in as he wants to treat us. We're going to have sushi platters and some ribs. Nice little eclectic dinner. I'll make something yummy for dessert. Going to do cinnamon buns for the afternoon and will likely do a cake for dessert. I just got my new Fine Cooking so I'll take a boo through that for ideas.

My brother and his wife are coming into town tonight. We're going to order in as he wants to treat us. We're going to have sushi platters and some ribs. Nice little eclectic dinner. I'll make something yummy for dessert. Going to do cinnamon buns for the afternoon and will likely do a cake for dessert. I just got my new Fine Cooking so I'll take a boo through that for ideas.

"Take a boo," :ROFLMAO: ;)

Nope, I meant take a boo. Is that another one of those regional things? Sorry all. Take a boo means to peruse.

I got lazy and read my new Jack Reacher instead of baking. Oops. I might make those apple dumplings licia posted. I bet they'd smell fantastic baking.

I might make those apple dumplings licia posted. I bet they'd smell fantastic baking.

I'm going to try those as well. Need to pick up crecent rolls on way home. The rest of dinner has yet to be determined.

I have to drive downtown for a meeting tonight, so I'll probably grab something there. There's actually a Nordic restaurant not far from where I'll be that looks interesting. It's one of those places where they grow their own vegetables on the roof. :ermm:

I have to drive downtown for a meeting tonight, so I'll probably grab something there. There's actually a Nordic restaurant not far from where I'll be that looks interesting. It's one of those places where they grow their own vegetables on the roof. :ermm:
Cool! Take pics! I'm just about to make a jog out to the corn patch and grab a few ears of corn. That's all, just fresh off the stock sweet corn.

dw made pad thai tonight. i't was good, but it's hard to eat dinner within an hour or so of waking up, so i didn't have much.

i have to be in at work early tonight to cover the steelers/ravens game, so i'll probably grab something in the city later.

Pan seared, small sea scallops with a red bell pepper smear (underneath) and a drizzle of basil infused olive oil. A celeriac/potato mash (Emeril's recipe) side.:yum:

Karen is making a Belgium waffle dough for breakfast in the morning.:yum:

I wasn't really hungry tonight (uncharacteristically) so I experimented with a quick stove top mac and cheese recipe. That kept me occupied and filled my stomach.

We went to Scarolies, our favourite Italian resto. I had:

"Capelli D'angelo Ai Gamberetti E Funghi
Schrimps [sic], Olive Oil, Garlic, White Wine, Porcini Mushrooms, Touch Of Cream, Fresh Basil And Shallots", but with wholewheat spaghetti. They make their own wholewheat pasta, but only make spaghetti.

Stirling had a Caesar salad and rotolo stuffed with Italian sausage, and covered with mozzarella, parm, eggplant, Italian, and mushrooms, baked in tomato sauce. We had white Mouton Cadet with that.

Stirling had strawberry cheesecake for dessert. I didn't have room for dessert, so I just had a decaf espresso.

It was delicious.

Back
Top Bottom