Thursday, Nov. 5 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
001.JPG

Linner (late lunch/early dinner) yet again here.
Italian Hoagie : Amoroso roll stuffed with
Hot Capocollo
Pesto Ham
Genoa Salami
Sharp Provolone Cheese
Lettuce and Tomato
Onion
Hot Cherry Peppers
Olive Oil
Garlic Powder
Oregano
S&P

So, what's cookin' at your place?

Oh... yum!

I had to pick everything that was still in the garden as we are having a hard freeze tonight. So we're having fried green tomatoes, grilled zucchini, eggs and maybe some breakfast sausages. I have a bushel of green tomatoes - we may be eating them for a looooong time.

That looks and sounds delish Kgirl.

Tonight we're having lobster/crab sea food salad. His will be on a Royal Hawaiian top split roll, buttered and grilled. Mine will be stuffed into a home grown tomato.

We're both having Dawg's tomato soup that's simmering on the stove, with the hot cream to be added in an hour. I'm following the directions exactly except only 1 tsp. of sugar. Can't wait!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f56/tomato-soup-nodak-style-93477.html

Last edited:
I'm making Thai shrimp curry with onions, garlic, bell peppers and jalapeño. Sides are jasmine rice with green onions, cashews and raisins and cucumbers pickled with rice vinegar and cayenne.

That looks and sounds delish Kgirl.

Tonight we're having lobster/crab sea food salad. His will be on a Royal Hawaiian top split roll, buttered and grilled. Mine will be stuffed into a home grown tomato.

We're both having Dawg's tomato soup that's simmering on the stove, with the hot cream to be added in an hour. I'm following the directions exactly except only 1 tsp. of sugar. Can't wait!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f56/tomato-soup-nodak-style-93477.html

Oh my KL, you had me at lobster and crab. Is it fresh, frozen or imitation?

Baked chicken legs, baked acorn squash and lemony garlicky buttery broccoly. I ate all the broc and only 1 leg and half my squash. Didn't plan it this way, but it looks like lunch is already tomorrow.

I dug up a recipe I had copied and pasted four years ago and made it for tonight's dinner with a baguette. It was really good and took no more than an hour elapsed time start to finish.

It's minestrone with arborio rice and it was delicious. I subbed baby spinach for the cabbage called for in the recipe and added the suggested parm rinds.

Minestrone with Arborio Rice Recipe - Quick From Scratch Italian | Food & Wine

Worth a try.

I dug up a recipe I had copied and pasted four years ago and made it for tonight's dinner with a baguette. It was really good and took no more than an hour elapsed time start to finish.

It's minestrone with arborio rice and it was delicious. I subbed baby spinach for the cabbage called for in the recipe and added the suggested parm rinds.

Minestrone with Arborio Rice Recipe - Quick From Scratch Italian | Food & Wine

Worth a try.

003.JPG

ditto, I made that yesterday for lunch with Fava Beans rather than white beans.

Oh my KL, you had me at lobster and crab. Is it fresh, frozen or imitation?

Oh no, it's all fresh Kgirl. The lobster is the last of our three day saga with four anniversary lobsters overnighted from Maine, and the king crab was picked up today to extend the lobster salad tonight.

Dawg, your tomato soup is the bomb!! :yum:

Last edited:
Scheduling was awkward tonight. I had a building design review meeting at 4:00 that lasted for 1 1/2 hours. DH had beef vegetable soup with a large dollop of fresh home made mac and cheese. I cut up a fresh tomato and heated that up with the mac and cheese when I got home.

Oh no, it's all fresh Kgirl the lobster is the last of our three day saga with four anniversary lobsters overnighted from Maine, and the king crab was picked up today to extend the lobster salad tonight.

Dawg, your tomato soup is the bomb!! :yum:

So pleased you liked it, Kay! Bet it would be good with a bit of your lovely seafood too.

Lovely pics and meals, all!

I spelunked a nice vegetable soup, and some CP Italian beef for tomorrow. I have a really hard time not making more stuff, we have a lot in the freezer to use up.

Last edited:
So pleased you liked it, Kay! Bet it would be good with a bit of your lovely seafood too.

I spelunked a nice vegetable soup, and some CP Italian beef for tomorrow. I have a really hard time not making more stuff, we have a lot in the freezer to use up.

Dawg, now I almost wish I would have boiled up those ugly lobster heads for the stock.
That soup recipe is a keeper with only 1 tsp. of sugar. Even the SC, who does NOT like tomato soup was sold! :yum:

Dawg, now I almost wish I would have boiled up those ugly lobster heads for the stock.
That soup recipe is a keeper with only 1 tsp. of sugar. Even the SC, who does NOT like tomato soup was sold! :yum:

Yay! It's such a simple soup, amazing how good it is.

Those lobster moms don't think their kids' heads are ugly, I figure.

I would, like you, cook and squeeze every drop of lobstery goodness out of those heads and carcasses.

Just a $7.99 Rubio's mexican restaurant "Baja steak burrito" (carne asada). They give you a small bag of chips which is nice. I cupped some mild green chiles to go with it. Delicious.

...Italian Hoagie...
K-girl, subs/hoagie/grinder is on my menu for Saturday! Can't wait. :yum:

Good looking meals all around tonight. S&P, I'm guessing you dusted your broccoli with grated cheese? If not, I'm afraid your veggie has dandruff. :(

We had a beautiful day in the low 70's, staying warm far into the night (which starts around 4:30 here due to us being so far east in the time zone). Himself shuffled out to the grill to cook up huge shrimp while I stayed stove-side and sauteed zucchini discs and mixed up some pearl couscous with toasted and chopped pine nuts and seasoned with sumac. We had mixed greens salads to start.

Attachments

• 2015-11-05 21.02.53.jpg
    2015-11-05 21.02.53.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 177
Breakfast with home fries made like the diner we've been going to a lot lately for Sunday breakfast.

Since I haven't been able to move around very well for the last month or so it's pretty much been "make do meals." Last night was no exception.

We had beef strips and onions "something" over noodles and a side of steamed broccoli. Iced tea as the usual wash-down. No dessert as neither one of us was particularly hungry. Been too warm to cook any real comfort foods. Mother Nature seems stuck on summertime here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom