Thursday September 22nd 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessica_Morris

Senior Cook
Tonight we're having Alice Springs Chicken (my favorite meal every time I go to Outback Steak House) It's chicken seasoned in all spice, topped with bacon and Colby & Monterrey Jack Cheese. It's Yum Yum Good :)

I heated up some leftover lemony lamb balls and asparagus for lunch...
Not sure about dinner yet. Maybe something with mushrooms and broccoli.

I'm making a roast beef in my crock pot. It's in with some potatoes, onions, tomatoes, celery and a carrot. I'm making some banana bread for dessert. I think it will be a nice day before fall meal.

I'm going to take it easy today. It's been another hectic week. Tonight it's Italian Sausages on the grill. Get my fire pit going on the patio. The weather here has been perfectly warm at night. So here's hoping for a quiet evening. I'm unplugging my phone.

My oldest got a part time job at our local butcher shop. Today he had to be at work by 6am to help make sausages. I'm sure he'd be happy to bring some home for us to try. :chef:

Munky.

I'm thinking tuna salad with the last of the summer's veggies.

I have a london broil out. Not sure if I'll grill it or roast it yet. Do up some taters and salads we didn't have last night.

I'm going with loaded mac & cheese tonight. I suddenly developed a taste for it, plus I have a lot of white cheese I need to use up. Monterey jack or similar. It will have smoked kielbasa, onion, mushrooms, broccoli and chipotle pepper.

Tonight is going to be baked tortellini. I also picked up a focaccia bread on the way home from work.

My mac and cheese is almost done. Just simmering to thicken.
Mac and cheese is one thing that I have a hard time reducing to a one person meal. Even with leftovers. I'm going to have a lot of leftovers.

I had broccoli rabe. Andy Boy broccoli rabe is on sale. I think it is the best brand. Andy Boy usually has a lot of heads and not too many leaves. It never needs much cleaning. I just cut the bottom of the stems off just above the wrapper/tie holding the bunch together, and then I spread the bunch open and took out a few leaves that looked a bit tough and the rest was beautiful. I had two bunches and only threw away maybe 10 leaves. Then I rinsed 3 times in cold water. I put EVOO, sliced fresh garlic and red pepper flakes in a deep pot and cooked until fragrant. Then I put ½ the broccoli rabe in pot and sprinkled with sea salt, ground peppercorns and then added the other ½ of the broccoli rabe. Cover pot and steam over low heat for 3 – 4 minutes. Remove cover and stir. Cover and steam another minute or two until bright green and just tender (DO NOT overcook). I added an additional sprinkle of red pepper flakes.

img_1051538_0_32be5292142ab5e9f6eee401473c8d0a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom