Thursday Supper plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
Today I plan on making a double batch of lasagna (one for tonight and one to freeze). What's on the stove at your place?

Leftover squash & shrimp combo. Today I'm making the banana cream "pie" (I'm using a casserole dish.) with the gingersnap crust. I was going to make it yesterday, but DN (dear neighbor) brought me a half dozen fat fresh baked oatmeal/pecan/raisin cookies. Excuse enough for me to put my "pie" off until today.

Pot roast is smelling up my house and driving me crazy!! I have to stop myself!! I want to go yank a piece off!! LOL But I will control myself.

Maybe

Pot roast is smelling up my house and driving me crazy!! I have to stop myself!! I want to go yank a piece off!! LOL But I will control myself.

Maybe

As a responsible home cook, it's your obligation to taste test the pot roast to ensure its quality.

It's your job! Be strong, go forth and taste.

It's been raining all night and still going, I have a 2 hour meeting at work...I'm thinking ham and bean soup, jalapeno and cheese cornbread. That should do it and the soup will cook in the crockpot while I'm in my meeting.

As a responsible home cook, it's your obligation to taste test the pot roast to ensure its quality.

It's your job! Be strong, go forth and taste.

That's exactly the reason I'm never hungry when it's dinnertime:)

Oh, the sacrifices I make!:chef:

Deliver me from evil and lead me not onto pot roast temptation!!

Ok pot roast is safely on a plate resting UNMOLESTED!! LOL veggies and potatoes are prepped and gravy is waiting to be thickened. Now I need to wait for hub to get home from a meeting!! Well I don't think the girls can wait very long!! LOL

Here is the culprit!!

Pot roast (bottom round roast simmered in 1 envelope dry onion soup, water, gravy master, burgundy wine, ground peppercorn blend, ground dry porcini mushrooms and sliced fresh button mushrooms), steamed fresh string beans, button mushrooms & slivered almonds (in a Ziploc Zip & Steam Microwave bag with butter, sea salt & ground pepper added), mashed red & Yukon potatoes (buttermilk, butter, parsley, chives, sea salt & ground pepper added), onion & mushroom gravy and ½ a buttered Kaiser Roll to dunk in the gravy.

img_919088_0_8dcad536981912cc0163e0bcc7c3a012.jpg

img_919088_1_99cd50d71753873463642783d43bf74b.jpg

Since it's cooler today, dinner will be cream of tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches . . . yum . . . a family favorite.

btw, msmofet . . . I love all your photos . . . everything always looks so delicious that I want to dive right in and sneak a taste.

Back
Top Bottom