Thursday the 3rd Dinner Plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, but she ordered turkey..which is not what was on the menu..
The menu has ham and swiss, with all of that other stuff served on a ciabatta in a pannini press.

Long story..I don't want to get started..lol

I made sandwiches for customers for a lot of years, I completely understand your frustration...and soup, salads, etc.

My interest in eating won out over my desire to be lazy. :LOL: The corned beef and cabbage lives to be leftovers another day.

Looks like a tomato sandwich with lettuce and bacon. Nothing wrong with that, but it also looks like a sandwich you need a big mouth to eat.

I'm just digging a deeper hole, aren't I? :ermm:

CD

Last edited:
I made sandwiches for customers for a lot of years, I completely understand your frustration...and soup, salads, etc.

Oh, I envy you two sandwich makers. I can't tell you how many times I have given a customer exactly what they asked for, only to find out that what they asked for was not what they wanted. Thirty years in, I can usually spot those customers up front, and I just did a bid for one today. A part of me hopes I don't get the job.

CD

Oh, is this a "Today's Menu" thread?

Okay, I bought a good pork loin t-bone chop yesterday at the store. I seasoned it with garlic and cajun spices (I'm on a cajun spice ride this week), sous vide it, and seared it.

On the side, I took Tuesday's leftover roasted potatoes, and re-heated them in the deep fryer to get some crispy taters.

It was very good. Very mono-chromatic to look at, but tasty.

CD

Attachments

• PChop5-3-18.jpg
    PChop5-3-18.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 152
We went to one of our favorite places to eat for linner today...
ZIPPY'S !!!

DSC00059.jpg
(well fine then, I forgot that DC's photo upload doesn't have that thingy too auto correct from portrait to landscape, FINE!)

I ordered a small potion Chili & Chicken plate with White Rice and sub the Corn for Macaroni Salad (that's a mini? :ohmy:)
DH had the Crispy Chicken plate with Fries and the Corn

We're very happy, oh and very full too *belch* oh, excuse me

So happy for you being back home, K-Girl! I know exactly what it means to you. :heart: And about that photo? As long as "rotation" isn't "set" on a mobile device, you can turn it and see it the right way. :LOL:

Looks like a tomato sandwich with lettuce and bacon. Nothing wrong with that, but it also looks like a sandwich you need a big mouth to eat.

I'm just digging a deeper hole, aren't I? :ermm:

CD
Oh, I've heard worse, CD. Like from the dentist I had from my pre-teens up through well into my mid-20s. He would tell me "you're mouth is so small...except when you're talking". :ermm: He didn't laugh, though, when I would remind him what my elbow lined up with when he was leaning over to clean my teeth. :brows: :LOL:

BTW, the sandwich wasn't that tall, and the tomato wasn't the bulk of the ingredients. It's just the way the sandwich is leaning (in spite of my makeshift sandwich picks) and the angle I shot at. And it was tasty. If you lived nearby, I would have made one for you, too.

Oh, I envy you two sandwich makers. I can't tell you how many times I have given a customer exactly what they asked for, only to find out that what they asked for was not what they wanted. Thirty years in, I can usually spot those customers up front, and I just did a bid for one today. A part of me hopes I don't get the job.

CD

The larger problem in Food Service is...the customer is impossible to please AND they are hungry...makes for a potent Perfect Storm. It's why I was never part of the wait staff. I just hung back in the kitchen and threw food at them until they were satisfied and/or left.

Another interesting thing is how you can serve 199 happy, satisfied people in one day, but it is that 200th that ruins if for you...I have considered taking the approach that there are no modifications or substitutions allowed, but that would be suicide and I know it...
On another note, has anybody ever seen I Like Killing Flies ? A documentary about a restaurant owner in NY..He takes no guff from any of his customers and kicks them out regularly..I'd love to do that...

Another interesting thing is how you can serve 199 happy, satisfied people in one day, but it is that 200th that ruins if for you...I have considered taking the approach that there are no modifications or substitutions allowed, but that would be suicide and I know it...
On another note, has anybody ever seen I Like Killing Flies ? A documentary about a restaurant owner in NY..He takes no guff from any of his customers and kicks them out regularly..I'd love to do that...

I'd like to see that!

I once served a woman a bowl of hot water after months of her complaining about the number of calories in our soups. The owner approved and laughed his butt off when she complained I wanted to charge her for the bowl of "soup" that had been "handcrafted" just for her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ3AOmZ2fps

DD #2 asked me to take her to run her errands. Then DD #1 worked late so I dropped DD #2 off at home. Picked up DD #1 and we decided that 92F was to hot for cooking. So we went to a favorite dive little place for dinner.
The Lido In Hackensack. We ordered Sliced steak, salad, fantastic thin crust pizza. We brought take out home for hub and DD #2.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom