Thursday's dinner 06/21/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is too hot to do much cooking (not to mention the high temperatures and humidity totally draining us of all energy today), so now that it has cooled off a teeny bit, I am about to cook some hot dogs, heat up some green beans, and add a side of cottage cheese.

Spicy Swordfish tacos and REALLY spicy black beans with homemade corn tortillas, after a"salad" of some watermelon and goat cheese with a chipotle/balsamic vinaigrette

takeout again. i slept a few hours, then worked on the yard and pool, then had a ballgame, then a coaches' meeting, so dinner was tex mex on the way into work.

steak fajitas with cheese, sides of mexican rice and a lump of guac.

img_1151823_0_c521850b83310097f487d5e2f5c226ad.jpg

Last edited:
will you all please stop telling me how good the weather is over there.....it's 9am here,i've got the heating & all the lights on in my apartment,it's pouring with rain & there is a pool of water within an inch of my front doorstep.....and i live on the 2nd floor:ohmy:!

I am making garlic potato mash with beef bourgingon. It has been in the oven for 2,5 hours already and very soon I can have a taste. Cannot wait! :)

I have deli roast beef & provolone, so a Philly Cheese Steak Pizza it is:
Deli roast beef, Mushrooms, Onion, Green bell pepper, & Provolone cheese. Tin Roof Sundae ice cream is in the freezer.
YUMMM! That sounds like the kind of dinner I would love to have on a Friday or Saturday night and watch movies!

Thursday night, we had turkey subs with potato salad.

Everything is prepped:

Tossed salad (from the garden: leaf lettuce, endive, beet greens, sliced baby beets,green onion, sweet pea pods, fresh basil, from the store: mushrooms--I know, you're not supposed to eat them raw, tomato, red pepper), steamed Swiss chard with a bit of garlic and butter, pork medallions I cut and wrapped with bacon, and for dessert, since it is so bloody hot and the AC is not working, a batch of "Steve's recommended Strawberry and Black Pepper Ice Cream" (Strawberry And Black Pepper Ice Cream Recipe from CDKitchen.com). I used some of my duck eggs and used coconut extract instead of vanilla (don't have either vanilla beans or vanilla extract at the house in the City--I know exactly where the vanilla beans are, and they aren't here), soooo since I used coconut extract, I used about 1/2 c coconut milk (I added that when I added the 35% cream). And, since I didn't have fresh lemon juice, I used lime. The "slurry" tastes really nice. I used ATK's trick--I put it in a cake pan to cool and put 1 c in the freezer to freeze. I'm about to check the temp of the stuff in the fridge now--40F and we'll be good to go.

what do you mean? I eat them raw all the time.

Back
Top Bottom