Thursday's Dinner 10/10/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I usually make this (refer above, I don't really like quoting myself), I usually serve it over egg noodles, but tonight I added some Asian noodles I had, bahn pho I believe, and wow. Talk about adding a creaminess to a dish. It was like eating risotto, but with noodles instead. I'll have to remember this.

Leftovers. I ate the fried rice I made early in the week, Himself cleaned up Tuesday's Hoppin' John. Just finished munching on celery because I wanted a choco chip cookie. Still want the cookie...

I'll quote you pac! :LOL:
Peru :LOL:
Hey, it (asparagus) was on sale compared to the $5.99/lb stuff a few weeks ago.
Peru works for me :)
Just bought a small bunch of asp-er-grass (my Mom loved to skew it like that) for $2.79 a pound - about 80 cents less than last week's deal. It's been around $3.99 a pound lately. Well I get home from the store today and open the ad for the little grocery store at the corner, who's ad starts tomorrow, and they're selling it for...$1.99 a pound! :glare: Good thing I laid in a supply of Brussels sprouts for Himself - he's not a fan of asparagus. Meanwhile, I can eat it by the pound - and have!

Change of plans. When I opened the package of chops the smell almost knocked me over so I decided to toss them. I can report, however that SO and I both liked the stuffing...

I cooked up some panko breaded chicken tenders and red potatoes instead.

It has gotten to the point with chicken, that I now break the package open at the store. They receive pre-packaged chicken and I get tired of having to go back for a return.

I made this the other night and had the last of it.

Pork Chops With Cabbage and Tomatoes

I didn't do the sour cream at the end and I added some srirachi to the crockpot and used leeks instead of onions. I'd make this again.

I had two heads of cabbage the size of basketballs, so the "wedges" were rather large.

Back
Top Bottom