Thursday's Dinner 10/10/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KatyCooks

Head Chef
It's 11.21 in the UK and still no "Today's Menu"!!

So I thought I would get it started.

Good old Macaroni Cheese for me (with some smoked bacon on the side). :)

hmmm, I haven't made mac and cheese in a while...

I'm making a close variation of Kayelle's lemony lamb balls with asparagus. In other words, no fresh mint or oregano, but I'll make do.

hmmm, I haven't made mac and cheese in a while...

I'm making a close variation of Kayelle's lemony lamb balls with asparagus. In other words, no fresh mint or oregano, but I'll make do.

Where are you getting all this asparagus from Pac? (Over here, it is very seasonal).

Stirling's at a game, so I'm on my own. I was thinking chicken legs. I looked in the freezer and there were only chicken breasts. Not interested. But, I found individually wrapped medaillons of filet mignon. I nuked some frozen corn, I sauteed some frozen shitake mushrooms in butter and then fried the filet mignon in the pan I had used for the 'shrooms. I deglazed the pan with some wine and added some butter. I tasted it to see if it wanted some fish sauce or any herbs, but it didn't. I really enjoyed that. Shreddy got a bit of the meat.

Stirling's at a game, so I'm on my own. I was thinking chicken legs. I looked in the freezer and there were only chicken breasts. Not interested. But, I found individually wrapped medaillons of filet mignon. I nuked some frozen corn, I sauteed some frozen shitake mushrooms in butter and then fried the filet mignon in the pan I had used for the 'shrooms. I deglazed the pan with some wine and added some butter. I tasted it to see if it wanted some fish sauce or any herbs, but it didn't. I really enjoyed that. Shreddy got a bit of the meat.

That sounds really good :yum:

DH wasn't supposed to be home for dinner so I planned chicken sandwiches and broccoli for the yungun and me. Then he calls and says because of the coastal flooding he was being sent home. So we still had chicken sandwiches and broccoli with cheese. I just doubled the amount I cooked.

And Stirling won't even feel left out. He doesn't like 'shrooms and he isn't big on "slab-o-beef".

To heck with him. "I" feel left out :LOL:
Great freezer raid.

Katy, as fast as our transport system works anymore, it's probably every bit as fresh as coming from a local farmer and sitting for a few days. Who knows, maybe they even pick it a few days early.
I know asparagus has been outrageous around here all Spring/Summer. Nobody had it on sale :(

Had a big pot of chili simmering for tonight's meal and had taken out the recipe for our favorite cornbread to go with when Glenn came in and made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

We hopped on the motorcycle and rode about 40 minutes to the nearest T.G.I.Fridays. He'd been given some gift cards for his birthday in June and was of a mind to use them today.

Couldn't have been more perfect for riding...about 70F, clear, sunny, essentially no humidity, calm and an open road. All told we were gone about 4 hours and enjoyed a wonderful meal and even split a dessert, which is unusual for us. We rarely feel like ordering dessert when we eat out. Must've been all the nice fresh air we got on our way to dinner.

It was awesome and...now I don't have to cook tomorrow night, 'cause the chili is ready. Just have to make the cornbread. Yeah!!!

Katy, as fast as our transport system works anymore, it's probably every bit as fresh as coming from a local farmer and sitting for a few days. Who knows, maybe they even pick it a few days early.
I know asparagus has been outrageous around here all Spring/Summer. Nobody had it on sale :(

Don't worry Pac, I wasn't having a go. If I really like something I will defy the "local produce police" and get it. (As it happens I don't really like Asparagus - I was just being curious!) :LOL:

Apple pecan stuffed pork chops made with cider and shallots.

Change of plans. When I opened the package of chops the smell almost knocked me over so I decided to toss them. I can report, however that SO and I both liked the stuffing...

I cooked up some panko breaded chicken tenders and red potatoes instead.

Back
Top Bottom