"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-19-2012, 10:40 PM   #41
Chef Extraordinaire
 
buckytom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: My mountain
Posts: 18,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskadoodle View Post
. I think cooking taters in bacon grease and eggs in butter is the way for me to go. ".
the best tater in bacon grease came from a place on 46 in jersey called calico kitchen.
i asked the chef once how he made his homefries so good and he said a hint of garlic, a pinch of paprika, butter, and bacon grease.
__________________

__________________
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day.
Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your hometown,
waiting for someone or something to show you the way.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:49 PM   #42
Master Chef
 
Kayelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south central coast/California
Posts: 9,896
All that homemade food looks and sounds outa sight! It's so nice to see you and your pics again Ms Moffit!
We had take-out again tonight as without a kitchen sink I'm stuck! When my new countertops/sink get installed I'll be cooking up a storm again. Dang, now it looks like that won't happen before the weekend. Bummer.
__________________

__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:56 PM   #43
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
the best tater in bacon grease came from a place on 46 in jersey called calico kitchen.
i asked the chef once how he made his homefries so good and he said a hint of garlic, a pinch of paprika, butter, and bacon grease.
Totowa/Little Falls? Used to go there years ago. And across the highway to Rascals (chili dogs/burgers after clubbing) LOL There or Fairmont Dinner in Hackensack (for breakfast food) after closing the Hole in the Wall or The Soap Factory.
__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #44
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
All that homemade food looks and sounds outa sight! It's so nice to see you and your pics again Ms Moffit!
We had take-out again tonight as without a kitchen sink I'm stuck! When my new countertops/sink get installed I'll be cooking up a storm again. Dang, now it looks like that won't happen before the weekend. Bummer.
Thank you Kay.
__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #45
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet
Breakfast for dinner - Over easy eggs, bacon, potatoes & onion fried in bacon fat and English muffin
Oh, MsM. Yumm!!!

Nice stuff, all!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:02 PM   #46
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Oh, MsM. Yumm!!!

Nice stuff, all!
Thank you DL
__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:11 PM   #47
Chef Extraordinaire
 
buckytom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: My mountain
Posts: 18,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Totowa/Little Falls? Used to go there years ago. And across the highway to Rascals (chili dogs/burgers after clubbing) LOL There or Fairmont Dinner in Hackensack (for breakfast food) after closing the Hole in the Wall or The Soap Factory.
oh man, i haven't thought of the soap factory in 2 decades!!

lol, we need to have a families bbq this summer, mofet.
__________________
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day.
Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your hometown,
waiting for someone or something to show you the way.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:16 PM   #48
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
oh man, i haven't thought of the soap factory in 2 decades!!

lol, we need to have a families bbq this summer, mofet.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ONLY if we DO NOT reminisce about partying. LOL Hub is the definition of "square" LOL

I'll bring the mac salad and pasta salad you can be the grill master.
__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:26 PM   #49
Chef Extraordinaire
 
buckytom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: My mountain
Posts: 18,772
no problem. with my boy, i'm the squarest dude you've ever met. cub scouts, little league, and so on. i'm so clean rain slips off me like a well waxed car.

(i need to get one of those pictures of me with a glint in my smile like lyle waggoner)
__________________
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day.
Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your hometown,
waiting for someone or something to show you the way.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:30 PM   #50
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
no problem. with my boy, i'm the squarest dude you've ever met. cub scouts, little league, and so on. i'm so clean rain slips off me like a well waxed car.

(i need to get one of those pictures of me with a glint in my smile like lyle waggoner)
Or a twinkle in your eye like Tony Curtis in the Great Race!! LOL LOVE that movie with Natalie Wood, Jack Lemmon, Peter Falk.
__________________

__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dinner

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.