Thursday's Dinner, 6/8/17?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I am fixing a non-vegan meal; frito pie. There are a few items in the freezer that are meat based that have not been given away. Bowl of Red is one of them. It is a highly seasoned ground beef dish that is used in several ways. Frito pie is one of my favorites.

What are you eating?

That sounds good, Beth!

I am also going off my non-meat diet as it is a rainy and windy day.

I made a big pot of chicken corn chowder with some rendered bacon (not too much as TB has to watch his cholesterol) and two different types of potatoes - red to turn to mush and thicken the soup, and yellow to stay nice and firm.

I cheated and used one breast from a rotisserie chicken instead of cooking some from scratch. I will use the other breast in a salad tomorrow and TB will eat the legs either with the salad or as a snack when he gets home tonight.

Last edited:
We went out to lunch with my sister. We all pigged out on Chinese food so we're not too hungry for dinner. We'll just graze later on.

I grilled up several meaty chicken drumsticks today, with a light layer of BBQ sauce towards the end of grilling time - just long enough to get a few little almost burnt saucy bits on each leg. :yum: A small red potato salad and a sliced tomato for sides. There will probably be enough leftovers to nibble on for the next two days. :)

It's a long story but the short version is because I didn't go grocery shopping today, my dinner is going to be some of Delimex's soft chicken tortillas from the grocery store and the last of the chicken in a sandwich.

I had to pick up my prescriptions today so I got the tortillas at the same time because by the time I got out of the Social Security office, I was too tired to do anything else.

A reasonably summerlike day (finally!), so I was inspired to make a summertime dinner. Burgers on the grill, cole slaw, Bush's grillin beans enhanced with bacon and onion.

Slow cooker roast w/mushrooms onion worcestershire beef base water salt pepper, made last night. Cut up a pineapple and saved the core for myself, if it is easy enough to chew and sweet enough (usually more towards the top of the pineapple), then it's my treat.

An oldie-but-goodie, beef Stroganoff. Just a few noodles under it, and a nice salad along side of it, and I was happy. Even happier when I had a slice of toasted Sally Lunn bread for my "dessert". :yum:

Attachments

• 20170608_222916.jpg
    20170608_222916.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 158
I did an old standby of "Party Chicken" tonight.
A huge Dolly breast was cut into four vertical large slices in the bottom of a buttered pan, topped with mounds of Swiss cheese, then mushrooms, then a can of heavy peppered cream chicken soup mixed with some white wine, then a thick layer of Stove Top Stuffing, drizzled with butter and baked at 350 for 50 min. We had spinach salads too.
Yummmy.....:yum:
Guess many of us were happy off our special diets tonight.

Last edited:
A reasonably summerlike day (finally!), so I was inspired to make a summertime dinner. Burgers on the grill, cole slaw, Bush's grillin beans enhanced with bacon and onion.

Did the can come with the "Tats" and spiked collar for the dog?:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom