Thursday's Dinner 7/16/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I'm still mulling over what to fix for supper, besides baked fishes. If I can find some local tomatoes, I want to fix a salad of tomatoes, basil, parsley, mozzarella cheese, avocado, lemon juice and olive oil. If I can't find the tomatoes, then I need some inspiration. I don't really want to do another salad from the garden.

What are your plans?

Leftovers OR steak on the grill. It depends on which way the wind blows when it's time for supper AND how I feel when I come in from doing some gardening. "The Decision" will come later. ;)

We got another United Way fundraiser take and bake: pulled pork with BBQ sauce, sourdough buns, mac 'n cheese, and Jello cake.

I thought I would have a rare treat (to coincide with the final of a TV programme) - raw lobster tails, baked with orange butter; with chopped new potatoes cooked with chopped tomato. Served with lamb's lettuce, organic carrot and ketchup. Have to say the lobster was a tad disappointing i.e. not worth the money really (even at the reduced price)...it was OK but more a texture than a great flavour and so much waste on it. Can anything be done with the spindly legs on it? I sucked them.

Kind of a comfort food sort of night here. Salisbury steak and gravy, with cauliflower mash and malibar spinach.

img_1429221_0_a4fa39ac45f79f62e52cf8d0090171e4.jpg

Phone ordered Chinese for delivery.
So did we.

I was going to make those stuffed pork chops, but when I thought about cutting up that whole pork loin, the wind just went right out of my sails.

So that makes three of us (so far) having Chinese that we didn't make.

That does look delicious, Steve! DH brought home some chopped sirloin, so I've been thinking about Salisbury steak at a later date :yum:

Taxy, I enjoy cutting up a whole pork loin, but I try to do it in the morning. Whole loins are on sale right now, but sadly I have no room in the freezer.

Last edited:
We had football food. Veggies, hummus, chips and cheesy salsa dip, and a pile of cut up fruit. I'm sooooo full!

...I was going to make those stuffed pork chops, but when I thought about cutting up that whole pork loin, the wind just went right out of my sails...

If you can slice a roasted pork loin for dinner, you can cut a whole loin into chops. Just cut thicker slices.

So did we.

I was going to make those stuffed pork chops, but when I thought about cutting up that whole pork loin, the wind just went right out of my sails.

So that makes three of us (so far) having Chinese that we didn't make.

I'm recovering from surgery and not up to cooking yet, so that was my reason for ordering in - I'm letting someone else do the cooking for the next couple of days. :)

I had a tuna sandwich and Pirate had two lamb/beef patty mixture. Nothing exciting. He said he was going to buy those patties again. I still have two more in the freezer. Will have to try one. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom