Thursday's dinner? 9/18/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
We are having friends over for dinner. It has been difficult to entertain since we spend so much time at his rental house (which is not fit for entertaining) and dancing. I am fixing Paula Deans BBQ meatloaf, fresh mashed potatoes, canned mixed vegetables and Alix's lemon bars. They are bringing fresh tortillas.

What's happening at your house?

We are having friends over for dinner. It has been difficult to entertain since we spend so much time at his rental house (which is not fit for entertaining) and dancing. I am fixing Paula Deans BBQ meatloaf, fresh mashed potatoes, canned mixed vegetables and Alix's lemon bars. They are bringing fresh tortillas.

What's happening at your house?
Venison burger, remains of y'day's avocado salsa, spinach salad with baby sweetcorn, sugar snap peas and a homebaked roll. Followed by cheat's raspberry "ice cream" (frozen raspberries whizzed with the stick blender into fat free yoghourt. The raspberries freeze the yoghourt - yum!). All "free food" except for the roll which was a "healthy extra".

3 whole days on Slimming World and I haven't fallen off yet :LOL:

We have another United Way fundraiser coming our way: chicken Alfredo, Olive Garden salad, and lemon cookies.

Every so often, I get a craving for open-faced liverwurst sandwich. German-style pumpernickle topped with liverwurst, sliced red onion, and a baby dill. Two of those hit the spot.

I'm planning on pasta carbinaroid (similar to carbonara, but not authentic) and a salad.
Change of plan. That headache that was just sort of there in the background got worse. We ordered from Mr. Falafel and it was very tasty.

PPO, that is one fine looking burger.

I'm planning on pasta carbinaroid (similar to carbonara, but not authentic) and a salad.
That sounds like a very robotic pasta dish (carbonara with an android twist?).

I guess great minds think alike. We had Spaghetti alla Carbonara on the deck tonight. Ours wasn't 100% authentic, either, since I subbed bacon for the pancetta.

img_1388321_0_59daba85f9052a3321486d8bd3307abb.jpg

I have a good-sized chicken roasting and about to come out. Stuffed it lightly, then did an extra casserole of stuffing. We'll have wax beans, green beans with mushrooms, and heart-clogging gravy. Living dangerously tonight. ;)

That sounds like a very robotic pasta dish (carbonara with an android twist?).

I guess great minds think alike. We had Spaghetti alla Carbonara on the deck tonight. Ours wasn't 100% authentic, either, since I subbed bacon for the pancetta.

img_1388331_0_59daba85f9052a3321486d8bd3307abb.jpg

Nice looking pasta dish!

I have some chicken getting cooked in the pressure cooker. I'm going to make a Chicken Divan casserole out of it. Side salad.

Beautiful looking dinners tonight...

We had thick pan fried loin lamb chops seasoned with Adobo, Fettuccine in Mushroom Sauce (frozen Trader Joe item..excellent) and spinach salad.

I spent this grey and gloomy (again) day
making another Six Dozen Cheese Raviolis
(they freeze nicely for later in the Winter along with
some homemade marinara I 'put up' too)

001.JPG

with the scrapes, I made Tagliatelle
and a 'condimento' or a sauce
from some leftover Turkey breast, diced
Zucchini, Sweet red bell peppers, Onions, Garlic, White wine,
Olive oil and Butter, some S&P and dried Orgegano ...
when adding the cooked pasta to the 'sauce',
reserved pasta water helps
to pull everything together nicely

007.JPG

MANGIAMO!

wow, kgirl. tutti a tavola a mangiare!

andy, a pickle is a veggie, right?

my first dinner tonight was at home. dw made a delicious cheese and onion turkey meatloaf (i don't know how she makes something really boring taste so good) with a side of yukon gold mash. also really delicious.

my second dinner tonight is courtesy of cbs sports (we have the thurs. night games every week).

crudite and ranch dressing, prosciutto and a cheese assortment with crackers, a sliced fruit assortment, and cookies and a dove bar.

i will be doubling as the firestone blimp by the end 9f the season. :pig:

Back
Top Bottom