Thursday's dinner is full of ... August 21, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
Produce from the garden and local grass-fed, free range Highland beef. A friend is coming over tonight. Beef tenderloin medallions, fresh corn on the cob, green beans, and a marinated tomato-goat cheese-basil salad. And, a bottle of red, natch. What is the table at your house tonight?

I have a small amout of leftover Char Siu pork tenderloin from last night's grill along with some asparagus. I'll be doing a noodle and Chinese veggie dish with it, and using my new never tried fish sauce in it. I might just throw some shrimp into the mix too.
If it's as hot today as yesterday, I plan on using the grill side burner again. Geeze I love just "winging it" cooking.

Friendship! It's dinner with friends night at our cheap haunt. Depending on how hungry I am, I might get the burger or the chicken quesadilla.

Thursday's dinner is full of...

Calories. :ermm: But it is tasty, plus I need a crock-pot meal since I'll be running to a different grocery store with my SIL shortly.

Bratwurst and sauerkraut are simmering the the crock-pot. I'll make mashed potatoes for on the side.

Not much. SO and I went out to lunch. I had shrimp cocktail and broiled yellow fin. She had calamari and a Cuban sandwich.

Dinner will be light.

Apparently, a surprise. DH and some coworkers are driving home from a business trip in Indiana, and will stop at a favorite resto to pick up some stuff.

Thursday's dinner is full of... grease, sugar, and calories. :LOL:

We went to the Minnesota State Fair today, where eating healthy is next to impossible. I had my annual corn dog, root beer float, this and that on a stick, some jambalaya, a craft beer flight, and a mini gyro. :pig:

And I'm sure I will pay for it all tomorrow.

I did pass on the poutine this year, though. :angel:

We ordered Greek food. Stirling had two gyro pitas and I had the "two stick souvlaki platter, no rice, pork". It was good. Mine comes with fries. I have loved tzatziki for a long time. I still find it surprising how well it goes with fries. :pig:

Here's a pic--I sent my friend home with the green beans. Cooked the corn and then grilled it with EVOO, butter, garlic, smoked chilpolte. The tomato salad was dressed with the "tomato water" from the diced tomatoes, white wine vinegar, garlic, onion, S&P. No dessert, I'm not big on sweets nor is my friend. The tenderloin was AMAZING. We had steamed Swiss Chard and Kale for our "greens."

Attachments

• tenderloin.jpg
    tenderloin.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Thanks. It was a "throw together" meal. I invited my friend who dedicates her time to caring for orphaned wildlife. She works 15-16 hour days during the summer and by this time of year, is exhausted. She called me a few minutes ago and thanked me for inviting her. She also said that when she watched MasterChef this week her first thought was that of the people she knows, I could make a cheese souffle (yes--can do). And, that every time she comes for a meal at my house, it is "restaurant quality." Awwww....that's so sweet. I'm just a rudimentary cook, but I try hard to please my guests.

Grilled beef skewers, rice pilaf, broccoli cauliflower salad and sliced garden fresh tomatoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom