"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-02-2010, 04:02 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
I think I'll do up a Sheppherd's Pie. Photos at 6.
Change of plan. I just found out that the Pastor is coming for dinner. I don't have enough for 4. Just pulled some salmon out of the freezer. Stay tuned

Old 12-02-2010, 06:02 PM   #12
Master Chef

My gosh, Ms. that restaurant has a huge menu, and everything sounds good to me. Happy Birthday to your girl, and to you. I always say, the child doesn't remember the birthday, be we sure do.

I think it's going to be take out tonight. I'm beat, and the washer and dryer and iron have been going full force today. Tomorrow will be packing to get ready to leave on Sat. morning, I have it down to a science. No cooking for 13 days. I hope the food is as good as I expect.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:16 PM   #13
Senior Cook

My son is lighting the candle for the second night of Hanakkuh downtown at Olivia www.olivia-isla-mujeres.com This is the second year, he has been asked to do this. I love that he can participate in another religion's celebrations. So when we get back to our house we will enjoy last night's dinner again....eggplant & zucchini parmesan with a salad of romaine, spinach, carrots, red pepper, cucumber & poppyseed dressing. Happy Hanakkuh to all that celebrate it!! :)
Old 12-02-2010, 06:19 PM   #14
Master Chef

Pot roast in the oven. Took the left over alfredo noodles, made a cheese sauce with cheddar and will bake it with the pot roast. Add some green beans on the side and call it good.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:38 PM   #15
Master Chef

Site Administrator

Tonight I made burek with prebranac. Served a cucumber, tomato, onion and feta salad with it.

The prebranac was bland, and we have quite a bit left. Have to have a think on how to make it better before leftovers tomorrow.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:48 PM   #16
Half Baked

Stewed Goat in a spicy red sauce with potatoes,onions,olives and cheese. Some broccoli and cauliflower on the side

My Flickr stuff!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/
4meandthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:09 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Dinner was fried salmon with peas and garlic. Potatos au gratin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	005.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	9103  
Old 12-02-2010, 09:15 PM   #18
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankZ View Post
Tonight I made burek with prebranac. Served a cucumber, tomato, onion and feta salad with it.

The prebranac was bland, and we have quite a bit left. Have to have a think on how to make it better before leftovers tomorrow.
Frank, the burek looks and sounds wonderful.

DH went to Costco to pick up some of my baking supplies and got some ham steaks, a pineapple and salad makings. I pan fried the ham, then coated the pineapple (large chunks) with melted margarine and a little bit of brown sugar and sauteed it, pouring it over the ham on the plates. I thin sliced some potatoes and pan fried them until they were crisp on the outside and soft on the inside (they kind of clump together and are wonderful!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:24 PM   #19
Master Chef

Site Moderator

It was SUPPOSED to be a cheese lasagana. I was boiling the nooldles when I went to get the cheese out of the refrigerator only to find that the full package of shredded mozzarela cheese was gone and there were only 2 sliced of provologn left in the bag.

So we had chineese take out instead. Sesame chicken for SO and veg fried rice and Hot and Sour soup for me.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:30 PM   #20
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSoMD View Post
It was SUPPOSED to be a cheese lasagana. I was boiling the nooldles when I went to get the cheese out of the refrigerator only to find that the full package of shredded mozzarela cheese was gone and there were only 2 sliced of provologn left in the bag.

So we had chineese take out instead. Sesame chicken for SO and veg fried rice and Hot and Sour soup for me.
Are you the same member who was missing Cheese a few months ago? Do you have a cheese thief under your roof?