Thursday's Dinner Table 2/2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kathleen bought a bag of chicken with some teriyaki BBQ sauce at Trader Joe a while back. It is taking up too much room in the freezer so I am making that and some white rice.

I put a pot roast in the slow cooker before I left this morning and it is just about ready to finish up. I made my "Accidental Pot Roast" again. Accidental because I poured a can of beer over the last one I did getting it mixed up with my pulled pork. It turned out so good that I tried it again. I have potatoes, carrots and onions ready to roast and I will reduce the liquid from the roast as a sauce. I am not sure if I will add a green (either salad or broccoli) yet.

DH brought home Buffalo Chicken Tenders from Hardee's, 2 for 1 coupon. They're surprisingly good, with ranch dressing. And obviously quite healthy....I can just feel my arteries hardening.

This is the results.

6809314525_0c9f4bc110.jpg
[/url] Beef with Broccoli by powerplantop, on Flickr[/IMG]

That looks delicious. Do you velvet the meat first?

That looks delicious. Do you velvet the meat first?

Thank you my wife and daughter loved it. I have gotten away from velveting. I mix with dark soy, rice wine and corn starch and let it marinade at least 30 minutes. Then I sear it in the wok. It works good without the extra calories. I will post the recipe after I get it typed up.

How about a recipe to go with that beautiful picture, PPO? You're making me drool again!

Thank you my wife and daughter loved it. I have gotten away from velveting. I mix with dark soy, rice wine and corn starch and let it marinade at least 30 minutes. Then I sear it in the wok. It works good without the extra calories. I will post the recipe after I get it typed up.

Okay, I'm confused. I have read that meat can be velveted in oil or in water/stock. What you do sounds like what I have read is velveting.

Okay, I'm confused. I have read that meat can be velveted in oil or in water/stock. What you do sounds like what I have read is velveting.

I marinade it like I will be velveting but I don't drown it in water or oil. I have done the oil one and it works. But this way is better, does require a hot wok but I love the way it turns out. I don't think a non-stick wok would work.

Roast tenderloin of beef, mashed potatoes and a veggie medley. For dessert - coffee and a decadent chocolate cake with a ganache topping.

Back
Top Bottom