Thursday's Dinner Thread, 12/4/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I plan on having leftover BBQ meatloaf, fresh mashed potatoes and canned green beans, and maybe a tortilla.

What's happening in your kitchen?

Just finished putting together a recipe of turkey-mushroom crepes with white wine-tarragon sauce. The recipe made a l-o-t, so I divided it into two portions, one of which will make its way to the freezer. It's always nice to have something in reserve when schedules get busy during the holidays.

Along with the crepes we'll have Italian green beans, canned from the summer's garden, maybe a potato roll or two with butter, iced tea, and the last of the pumpkin cheesecake.

MEAT-za! Basically, it's pizza with a "crust" made of Italian sausage and ground beef.

I had my doubts when I started putting it together but, honest to goodness, this has got to be one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth. :yum:

img_1400880_0_636354e86be26b6e6eb63797e3a92d5c.jpg

Recipe please, Steve? It looks delish and I'm thinking hard about following your diet. Would you also leave the the diet link purdy please?

We went to Costco today and picked up the mandatory rotisserie chicken so we'll be having some of that tonight with the leftover Orzo Rosotto from last night that was killer good. I have some broccolini to add the green.

That looks fantastic, Steve, yes, please share the recipe!

We're having cheeseburger sliders here.

MEAT-za! Basically, it's pizza with a "crust" made of Italian sausage and ground beef.

I had my doubts when I started putting it together but, honest to goodness, this has got to be one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth. :yum:

img_1400894_0_636354e86be26b6e6eb63797e3a92d5c.jpg

That does look good.

Recently I found out that in Argentina they have a pizza made using pork as a crust. I was ready to get on a plane that night! :pig::pig::pig:

Recipe please, Steve? It looks delish and I'm thinking hard about following your diet. Would you also leave the the diet link purdy please?
Sure thing, K! Here's the recipe:
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f157/meat-za-pizza-crust-91738.html#post1400893

As for the diet, I get most of my information and recipes from these two places.

Ruled Me | Ruling the Keto Diet & Getting in Shape – Guides | Recipes | Tips
Ketogenic Diet Resource

There are a few other resources, including some books. If you look over the links above and think it's something you might be interested in, I can share those, too.

I'll be perfectly honest. This Keto diet is definitely not for everyone. It's very restrictive - even more so than Atkins or Paleo. But I'm doing it for my health. My wife is doing it with me, and has complained at times. But she's lost almost 10 pounds in the last three weeks, so the complaining has died down somewhat. :LOL:

That does look good.

Recently I found out that in Argentina they have a pizza made using pork as a crust. I was ready to get on a plane that night! :pig::pig::pig:

Thanks PPO!

Oh, and your carne looks great. I've been hungry for Mexican, but it's so hard to find choices that don't include beans, rice, or tortillas. However, I've seen some things on Rick Bayless' show that have sparked some ideas, and have also been thinking about trying a flourless Chile Relleno sort of concoction.

Last edited:
Thanks PPO!

Oh, and your carne looks great. I've been hungry for Mexican, but it's so hard to find choices that don't include beans, rice, or tortillas. However, I've seen some things on Rick Bayless' show that have sparked some ideas, and have also been thinking about trying a flourless Chile Relleno sort of concoction.

This is a recipe that I want to try. But you would need to sub something for the potatoes. But since it is baked that should be easy.

¿Gusta Usted? : Pollo adobado al horno. Muy fácil y sabroso. Receta

56875-albums1011-picture6159.jpg

I was busy for the majority of the day cleaning the house in preparation for decking the halls with our Christmas decore.
So, I pulled from the deep freeze, a package of cooked Kalua Pork, added some cabbage and sweet onion, that is steamed in the pan with a bit of water; all served atop steamed white rice.
DH's co-worker asked him what he had for dinner when finished his dinner break and he replied, "my wife made Hawaiian food". His friend didn't believe him ... :blink:

Steve, "meat-za" sounds like a killer idea! Seriously, that keto diet might be good for the blood sugar, but what can it do to your cholesterol levels? :ermm:

Still feeling beat up, so I made scrambled eggs with mushrooms and toast, mostly for me. Himself finished up the bratwurst, sauerkraut, and roasted beets earlier, so he had just a taste of the eggs and a slice of toast.

I had a scattered dinner. I had already made gazpacho with avocado, so I had a bowl while I was making the yellow squash with onions in garlic butter. When that was done, I had a small serving. Later on I just had to have another bowl of gazpacho.

I guess I had a vegetable dinner. Egad, no meat...

I think that's probably the first time ever!

Great looking dinners! :yum:
I had huevos rancheros tonight, with a side of sliced avocado.

The master gardeners had Martha Stewart Night last night. We all brought cut greens from our yards and made wreaths and swags to sell at the farmers market tomorrow. We also brought snacks, so I just nibbled. I left some of the hummus, pita chips and crudités I made for DH.

Attachments

• 1417790683383.jpg
    1417790683383.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 1417790817162.jpg
    1417790817162.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 192
Tonight? I dunno, it's too soon to tell.

My plan is to make taco meat today, but the ultimate plan is to make it into Chili (chili dogs) which is a couple of days project.

I want to roast my baby acorn squash, but I might not get around to it. I also want to make a cheese sauce for broccoli.

Like I said, I dunno yet.

Tonight? I dunno, it's too soon to tell.

My plan is to make taco meat today, but the ultimate plan is to make it into Chili (chili dogs) which is a couple of days project.

I want to roast my baby acorn squash, but I might not get around to it. I also want to make a cheese sauce for broccoli.

Like I said, I dunno yet.

This is last night's dinner thread. You have time to decide ;)

Back
Top Bottom