Thursday's menu for dinner? Oct, 26th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
It's getting considerably cooler here in sunny southern California and can't come up with dinner ideas.
So, what's anyone making for dinner?

Dinner for me, will be something *legal as in > (*WW)

Made a batch of cookies yesterday. After sending PD my letter, I felt very guilty and made her cookies from her candy show. ''Buttery fingers''. My DH took them to work and will set them out at the coffee station to share with his friends. No one ever does that and he says it sparks good feelings and promotes smiles. I'll make a batch of some other kind of cookie today just because I love to make cookies. I can't eat them but gosh they smell good while baking. Also simply for the smell and to leave with DH while I'm gone, today I'll be making in my bread machine, those incredible rolls I told you all about a few weeks ago. Talk about making the house smell good.

Lefselover...how do you make cookies and not eat them?? I could never ever do it!!! I start before they are cooked.

We're having venison and garlic mashed potatoes.

I think I am going to do a trio of salads. Grape and chicken salad, tuna salad, and green salad served with some triangle toast.

Decided I am also going to add a potato salad also. This way there should be leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Last edited:
Just got called in to work tonight so I am not sure what I am going to pull together for dinner tonight. I'll go scrounge in the freezer. I suspect they will be eating pizza though!

we are having left over chili taste better the more it rests.

gloommmmy here today hope to start carving our pumkins if i get that
far i will make pumkins seeds. thursday nights are tough kids all have
tests every friday so we will be studing toooo

My father came for a visit, which is lovely! We ate alone, and had a salad of romain, sweet red pepper, baby plum tomatos, with evoo and a chicken breast grilled with honey and mustard basted over it, and then had half a papaya each. The important thing tonight was the beautiful bottle of Claret. Daddy's wine budget is considerably larger than mine, and boy does it show. We ate early and have shared the wine through the evening.

I'm making crewsk's pork chops and rice. Peas for DH, broccoli for me and apple dumplings for dessert (I should skip dessert since I had a HUGE slab of delicious pecan pie this afternoon:pig: , but I'll count the dumpling as my fruit for the day!:ROFLMAO: ).

Fried filet of sole
cauliflower and cheese sauce
leftover noodles with alfredo sauce. (I have to use the noodles up!)

hmmm....now that I think about that, they'll prolly all be about the same colour.....and texture :ermm:

Oh well....I'll do the presentation thing another day! :LOL:

Our daughter,Ethan and Olivia, plus other daughter with Cade and Carson, so, it's a miss mash of things, pizza, with salami, and mozzarella for them, corned beef hash for DH, and I also just had to use all the goodies I got from my first trip to a local Asian market, so I put together a chicken soup with fresh ginger,soy sauce,bean thread noodles, bok choy, Chinese spinach, bbq'd pork sliced into slivers,cilantro,sliced green onions and some shrimp, to this I also added these beautiful fluffy white fungus and black mushrooms..It smells wonderful and I plan to top it with some toasted sesame oil..Now I have to go fry up some shrimp ships that which the kids love.

kadesma:)

All these meals sound so good. Maybe this weekend I'll find time for a real cooking session. Today, it's leftover pasta w/meat ragu and ... well, that's it. Of course this good red Zin helps things along!

Back
Top Bottom