Thursday's Table 8/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlechef

Senior Cook
Cloudy start to our day here on Long Island with possible rain in our forecast. Lots of errands to run today and a trip to Costoco, if I have the time.

Dinner tonight will be Greek roasted lemon chicken and potatoes. Sauteed veggies and a salad on the side.

HAGD!

Leftovers! There's a little of this and that in the frige, it will be an eclectic mix of anything that doesn't round out a meal for me to take to work. I'll be setting up my meals for the weekend later. I know there is chili, a chunk of ribeye and lots of salad makings.

I've got 2 avocados I better eat, too!

Going to the farmer's market this afternoon to pick up some fresh veggies to go along with a marinated pork tenderloin I'll cook on the grill.

I have some pork out and have plans to make sweet and sour with it. I am planning some steamed rice and stir fry veggies to go with it.

We've had a cloudy day so far and now it is raining (which we are really thankful to have). I'm making beef stew for dinner and will probably have broccoli and cheese sauce, sliced tomatoes and corn muffins. Our grandson is here all this week before he starts back to school on Monday so ice cream will probably be our dessert.

I've had my mouth set for Rumaki, since someone mentioned it the other day. I havn't enjoyed them for years. So tonite will Asian:

Rumaki
Dragon Lady's Sesame noodles (yet again)
Bao (steamed Asian dumplings) from Costco
Cucumber onion salad I made yesterday....paper thin English cucumber and white onion on the mandolin, with rice vinegar and honey dressing.

I'll get out the set of fancy chopsicks too. ;)

:eek: You managed to bring one down with your slingshot?? Enlighten me please, what is this thing called "dino bones."

...lol....no, I used a catapult.

Dino bones are beef ribs. I did them a couple of weekends ago when I had family and friends over. They're the pair pictured on the right.

Attachments

• P1040856.jpg
    P1040856.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 163
...lol....no, I used a catapult.

Dino bones are beef ribs. I did them a couple of weekends ago when I had family and friends over. They're the pair pictured on the right.

They look like something I would like to dig into! :pig:

Thanks for the enlightenment!:)

Lunchtime we sat down to special fried rice from wok-to-table, enjoyed our version of sweet and sour chicken, and finished with homemade vanilla ice cream.

Tonight I ate simply: crusty wholemeal bread, a slice of Scottish Cheddar from Mull of Kintyre, 3 pickled onions, a spoonful of our marinaded olives and dried tomatoes, and the cell phone was switched off.

Meatloaf (ground beef, egg, oatmeal, green and red bell pepper, onion, shredded cheddar cheese, Tabasco hot ketchup, Tabasco hot mustard, Heinz ketchup, Gulden’s brown mustard, dry onion soup mix, sea salt, ground pepper, garlic, ground red pepper flakes, thyme and rosemary) with tomato sauce, linguine and broccoli (EVOO, toasted fresh garlic, ground red pepper flakes, sea salt and ground pepper) topped with fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses and buttered steamed carrots.

img_914079_0_625bcd194b23329be2ca982224932e3e.jpg

I've had my mouth set for Rumaki, since someone mentioned it the other day. I havn't enjoyed them for years. So tonite will Asian:

Rumaki
Dragon Lady's Sesame noodles (yet again)
Bao (steamed Asian dumplings) from Costco
Cucumber onion salad I made yesterday....paper thin English cucumber and white onion on the mandolin, with rice vinegar and honey dressing.

I'll get out the set of fancy chopsicks too. ;)

Update:
The Rumaki was plump and wonderful, served on a plate of greens, the sesame noodles was so tasty as always, the cucumber salad was perfectly refreshing, and complemented everything. I added some quartered home grown tomatoes with simple dressing and herbs. The Bao I saved for another time.
Wonderful meal........I need to get a camera, that's so pretty Msmofet.

Last edited:
Freezer Food: Hamburger Steak w/onions and gravy
Twice Baked Potato
Lemon Pepper Green Beans

Update:
The Rumaki was plump and wonderful, served on a plate of greens, the sesame noodles was so tasty as always, the cucumber salad was perfectly refreshing, and complemented everything. I added some quartered home grown tomatoes with simple dressing and herbs. The Bao I saved for another time.
Wonderful meal........I need to get a camera, that's so pretty Msmofet.
Thank you Kayelle!!

Btw where did you get the recipe for the sesame noodles? And will you share it?

Back
Top Bottom