Thursday's Tucker - November 14th 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update on the chicken - it was tasty, but it wasn't as good as the regular 40 clove chicken. It did the job though. We're all full and happy.

Venison sliced steak sand etc..
39817-albums888-picture5686.jpg

Ooooh....yum! Looks fantastic, Salt! And I also love your dishes. ;):)

Update on the chicken - it was tasty, but it wasn't as good as the regular 40 clove chicken. It did the job though. We're all full and happy.
it was chicken & garlic alix,it had to be good:yum:!!trust you quaffed a second large merlot,purely as a precautionary measure for medicinal purposes of course;)!!

I had to google dragon lady noodles. :LOL: Sounds really good! I saved her website to my faves to look over more tomorrow. :yum: :)

Which noodle recipe? We love her sesame noodle recipe. Is it that or one of the lo mein recipes?

It's the Sesame noodle recipe. Here is the modified version that I use.

Dragon Lady Sesame Noodles

INGREDIENTS
1 lb. Chinese noodles (Angel Hair pasta works too)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup sesame oil
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons hot chili oil
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1/4 cup finely chopped green onion

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Bring cooking water to boil for pasta. While waiting for water to boil, combine sesame oil and rice wine vinegar in large mixing bowl. Whisk vigorously to form emulsion then whisk in soy sauce, sugar, and hot chili oil. Set aside.
2. When water boils, add noodles and cook until done (about 5 minutes; do not overcook). Drain noodles in a colander, but do NOT rinse. Shake out excess water completely. Transfer noodles to the bowl with sauce.
3. Toss to coat evenly. Pasta will absorb most of the liquid. Wait 5 minutes and toss again. Repeat until all the sauce is absorbed by the noodles.
4. Transfer to a serving platter or bowl. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions. Serve at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to serve cold.

Last edited:
Here was my Thursday Tucker

Attachments

• Taco Salad.jpg
    Taco Salad.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 157
  • wings 11-14-13.jpg
    wings 11-14-13.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 171
Lovely pics, Harry, S&P, and Pac! :yum:

.40, Dragon Lady Noodles C&P, I happen to have all the ingredients. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom