Thursday's Tucker - November 14th 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KatyCooks

Head Chef
I have a chilli bubbling away on the stove, to be served over rice and with toppings of spring onion, cheese, sour cream and avocado.

having spent the last couple of days closeted away in the cocoon like,air conditioned comfort of the local nhs trust boardroom,on the interview panel to appoint a new assistant psychologist,it was something of a shock to the old system,when,last night,i emerged into near sub zero temperatures."cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey"thunk i.my mind wandered to warmer climes,the indian sub continent to be precise,"curry or something of that ilk"was my next thought.upon arrival at my local tesco,i spied some beautifully meaty,outdoor raised pork ribs."pork rib tikka" was my next thought.upon arrival at chez harry i knocked out a yogurt based marinade & chucked the whole lot in a food bag to marinade overnight.cooked them tonight:yum:!so there we have it:
harry's pork rib tikka with tricolour rice,hot mango/chilli chutney & raita.cold cobra beer chillier than said serpents icy glare.thank you

Attachments

• PORK RIB TIKKA 001.JPG
    PORK RIB TIKKA 001.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 159
  • PORK RIB TIKKA 002.JPG
    PORK RIB TIKKA 002.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 155
  • PORK RIB TIKKA 003.JPG
    PORK RIB TIKKA 003.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 146
  • PORK RIB TIKKA 004.JPG
    PORK RIB TIKKA 004.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 157
  • PORK RIB TIKKA 005.JPG
    PORK RIB TIKKA 005.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 158
  • PORK RIB TIKKA 006.JPG
    PORK RIB TIKKA 006.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 153
  • PORK RIB TIKKA 007.JPG
    PORK RIB TIKKA 007.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 150
  • PORK RIB TIKKA 008.JPG
    PORK RIB TIKKA 008.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 155
  • PORK RIB TIKKA 009.JPG
    PORK RIB TIKKA 009.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 165
  • PORK RIB TIKKA 010.JPG
    PORK RIB TIKKA 010.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 157
  • PORK RIB TIKKA 011.JPG
    PORK RIB TIKKA 011.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 157
  • PORK RIB TIKKA 012.JPG
    PORK RIB TIKKA 012.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 158
  • PORK RIB TIKKA 013.JPG
    PORK RIB TIKKA 013.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Welcome back, Harry! I hope you had a nice getaway. Missed your dinner pics. :) Your pork rib tikka looks fantastic - you grind your own spices, too! :yum:

Nice fixings on that chili, Katy :yum:

Harry, I have no idea what that is, but thanks for the pics! :LOL:

Welcome back, Harry! I hope you had a nice getaway. Missed your dinner pics. :) Your pork rib tikka looks fantastic - you grind your own spices, too! :yum:

Nice fixings on that chili, Katy

Harry, I have no idea what that is, but thanks for the pics! :LOL:
nice to be back chezza,thanks for the warm welcome:).always roast & grind my own spice mixes if i have time.can't be beat matey.the getaway?most satisfying thanks;)!!
pac....sometimes i despair:rolleyes:;):LOL:!! here's the receep mate,give it a go!!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/harrys-pork-rib-tikka-87861.html#post1319284

I've been in boardrooms all week too! One more day of training and I'm free for three, WHEE!

Tonight, by special request from the sickie daughter, we are having 40+ clove chicken. I am doing this in a weird way since I'm out of heads of garlic, but always have a jar of minced for emergencies. Chicken thighs, and a couple of breasts have been liberally smeared with the minced garlic (I used about 1/2 a jar!) and then I sprinkled thyme and sage over top. Its all covered in foil and is currently baking in the oven. I'll go mess with it in a bit and toss it around to get some brown stuff in the pan and then I'll make a gravy with it. Hopefully that garlic will kick her virus in the butt.

Caesar salad and rice to go with the main. I'll have a large glass of merlot and use its antiseptic properties to clear away any germs that migrate across the table from her. ;)

Let us know how it comes out, Alix.
I used jarred garlic for something before and was disappointed. I'll bet it does well with your chicken though.

My dinner is just about coming to a head here. I should drop the laptop and see what's what.

Wedding weekend starts in the morning so we did hot dogs tonight. Had small can of beans, leftover macaroni salad, cottage cheese and chocolate cake for dessert. We'll be eating well this weekend so thought we'd eat kind of light tonight.

Leftovers. Need to strip the rotisserie carcass and freeze it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom