Time to eat 8/7/2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Taxi, here's a post that I made to Pac a long time ago when he asked me the same question...

"Ok pacanis, here's how Mama did the corn tortillas for taco's. Have all your taco fixin's ready to go. I buy the super size corn tortillas.
In your largest skillet, pour in about an inch of veg. oil, and get it hot on med heat. With tongs, lay a tortilla into the oil just to wet it, and quickly turn it over, wetting the other side. Quickly flop one side over the other forming the "taco" shape. Lightly fry on each side. I can get three of them into my largest skillet, with round edges facing outward. Don't cook them too much because the seam will crack if you do. Drain them on paper towels, and fill all three of them with all the fixin's, then begin on the next three. They must be eaten right away, so while hubby is eating, I cook mine. It takes some practice to do this, but it is SOOOOOOO worth it. I repeat, those hard boxed shells are nasty. :rolleyes: ;)
Let me know if you try it......you won't be sorry. "
Thanks Kayelle. That doesn't sound hard to do. I have copied and pasted these instructions. We didn't used to notice that the boxed shells were nasty, but a while ago we started noticing. I have been looking for soft, corn tortillas for a while. All the ones I could find were full of weird chemicals. It just dawned on me to check the health food store, and sure 'nuf, they had some with only ingredients I think are appropriate. They are frozen. I guess the soft ones go off quickly, so the other ones need the preservatives. We don't really have any Mexican stores near me.

I thawed some ground beef that I had cooked with onion, red and green bell peppers and garlic and made a sloppy Joe sauce from a combination of recipes online. I'll slice up some cucumber, celery and tomato for a side.

Ever since I saw red radishes and sweet gherkins pictured on the label of a Sloppy Joe can, I HAVE to have those as side dishes to go with Sloppy Joes, or I won't make them. :)

Last edited:
Me and the hubby attempting to make biryani and curry lamb chops......hope it turns out ok[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom