"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-07-2015, 10:30 AM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Time to eat 8/7/2015

So what is planned for tonight. For me, a burger made with the meat we ground up previously. I can't wait. Lettuce and tomato on it. Fresh Italian artisan bread.

Old 08-07-2015, 11:53 AM   #2
Master Chef

A spinach casserole similar to spinach lasagna minus the noodles and cucumber salad.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:08 PM   #3
Executive Chef

When you are on a diet, it seems like all the time is time to eat. But it is not.

My sister FINALLY left for two weeks so I raided her garden this am. Found some more tomatoes and really long green beans. She has some English cucks but I don't know how to tell when they will be ready.

Will grill some burgers to eat with the tomatoes, fresh lettuce and red onion, probably a green chili too. And a salad.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:32 PM   #4
Honey Badger

Going to make another batch of pork steaks with gravy and rice.
What I made last night is gone, gone, gone.
They at least did the dishes.No complaints here.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:33 PM   #5
Certified Cake Maniac

Kay spent the night "babysitting" me again as I had another couple of small spells so we ordered Chinese food. There are a ton of leftovers so that is what she, TB and I will have today.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:41 PM   #6
Master Chef

Oh No, LP! I hope you are able to figure out how to make them stop!

I was going to be Jamaican seasoned pork tenderloin. The spice bag suggests marinating overnight. Not a tenderloin! Instead, I'll make a wet rub, using only lime and orange zest instead of the juices with the spices and oil, wrap it, and let it go overnight. I guess tonight it will be hot dogs on the grill, maybe potato salad, and the every-present baked beans.

Maybe it's about time I posted my dinner plans in the "This, or That" thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzaring View Post
...She has some English cucks but I don't know how to tell when they will be ready...
Whenever you want them?!!? If they're small, consider them the pricey "petite vegetables" that some stores sell. Smaller cuke, bigger price.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:01 PM   #7
Certified Pretend Chef

I was not up to re-doing the pie failure today so I went out and bought a couple of pieces of fish for dinner. Haddock for SO and salmon for me. A tossed salad and pasta salad will complete the meal.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:49 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post

Oh No, LP! I hope you are able to figure out how to make them stop!

Whenever you want them?!!? If they're small, consider them the pricey "petite vegetables" that some stores sell. Smaller cuke, bigger price.

What confused me was she left me one on the counter and it is a very pale green. I googled some and what she is growing is not English cukes, as she called them, but Armenian cukes, which are different.

Major change in dinner plans. We will be eating at the very good restaurant/bar/dance venue where we had plans to dance. tonight. Just got up from a nap and haven't looked at their menu yet.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:19 PM   #9
Sous Chef

crab cakes, potato salad, steamed zuke wedges.

DW came up with a cab cake recipe including mayo. NO, never again. I say that every time I'm forced into the mayo bit. don't do it. just say NO.

a lb of Smithfield Island Chesapeake crab hand picked - jumbo lump ($19.50 - not too bad!)

the mayo put little goopy slime spots throughout.
that's it.

I think I won't . . .
I think I won't . . .
I think I won't . . .
Old 08-07-2015, 07:01 PM   #10
Master Chef

I'll be doing something with leftover tri tip. I'll probably end up with sliced tri tip on a toasted onion bun with a side salad....or maybe roasted sweet potato wedges instead of the salad. Decisions....