"To Heck with it" Tuesday, July 16.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
salina_small.JPG

Sometimes it's called Boston, or Butter, lettuce.
That's your standard lettuce in Denmark, if you don't specify. Probably the same in GB.

Ooh, I love a curry! Korma is nice and mild. Is that from scratch Kylie? Doesn't sound too lazy if it is!

Katy, we make loads of different Butter Chicken recipes from scratch, but the Korma is a Pataks simmer sauce...they really are delicious and time saving :)

We love our curries too Katy!

We have a fave Indian restaurant that we got to quite often, delicious food :yum:

Really hot here today, but we are fortunate to have a heat pump, which affords us A/C. So heating up the kitchen wasn't really an issue. I again had no clue what we would have for dinner, but I had some ground beef and spiced ground sausage that I wanted to use. I started thinking about how my mom frequently used elbow macaroni for her "spaghetti". (Lol!). So I made a sort of modified version. I sautéed onion red and green pepper and garlic in some olive oil, added 1/2 lb. of ground beef and 1/2 lb. of spiced ground pork, I seasoned with garlic powder Italian seasoning, and parsley. When the meat was browned, I tossed in a couple of chopped Roma tomatoes that needed to get used and two cans of stewed tomatoes, I happened to have some V8 juice ( 12oz can) so I dumped that in then I added about 3/4 lb. of elbow macaroni (uncooked) turned the heat down to simmer until the pasta was cooked and the liquid absorbed. Served with green salad and a glass of wine. Not gourmet....but not bad!

Tonight we had chickpeas, tomatoes, sweet onion, cucumber, black olives, red bell pepper, etc. in whole wheat pitas with a yogurt/cumin dressing.

MY FIL used to do that a lot. He also stripped the corn then rinsed and wrapped with plastic wrap, then nuked it. That works too, but watch your fingers when you go to unwrap. :ohmy:

That's how I used to do it too. This time, I used damp paper towels, worked great.

MY FIL used to do that a lot. He also stripped the corn then rinsed and wrapped with plastic wrap, then nuked it. That works too, but watch your fingers when you go to unwrap. :ohmy:
Many years ago I read that you could nuke them in their husks. So, I stuck some corn cobs, husks and all, in the nuker. They shoulda mentioned that you should take the corn silk off before nuking. :ohmy: I couldn't get the silk off without burning my fingers until the corn was cooler than I wanted for eating. :LOL:

But it worked fine when I stripped off the silk first and folded the husk back over the corn.

Well color me confused when I logged on this morning. That thread merge made my head spin. Here I thought there were a whole lot of lazy folks like me, I got sort of excited there for a minute. LOL! Nope, just the usual dinner action.

Sorry to have confused folks, I wasn't trying to compete, just trying to talk about our lazy cooking habits when its too hot to do much moving.

Well color me confused when I logged on this morning. That thread merge made my head spin. Here I thought there were a whole lot of lazy folks like me, I got sort of excited there for a minute. LOL! Nope, just the usual dinner action.

Sorry to have confused folks, I wasn't trying to compete, just trying to talk about our lazy cooking habits when its too hot to do much moving.

Oh, I think if you look back through the thread, most of us were pretty lazy yesterday, Alix! And it doubled the number of usual dinner posts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom