"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 07-23-2006, 11:57 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

ahem, out grow. out grow spongebob.

i don't wanna know what grows out of spongebob.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:35 AM   #22
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraBlue
And don't even get me started with Giada DeLaurentis and her 2000 shark tooth smile.
I would watch Giada make toast.

Old 07-24-2006, 08:39 AM   #23
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
ahem, out grow. out grow spongebob.

i don't wanna know what grows out of spongebob.
When I first saw Spongebob I thought he was cheese!! Now I know better, I wouldn't want him in my lasagna... (like they did in the film "Just like heaven" )
Old 07-24-2006, 09:54 AM   #24
Senior Cook

I have to agree with so many of you that some of the TV chefs are just plain phony and annoying.
Giada's recipes are fantastic, never had a bad one but that everlasting open mouthed smile of hers drives me nuts. A friend of mine met her and asked how she could stay so thin eating that great food. She replied that she never eats a whole meal, she justs tastes it. Well to **** with that!!! I'm eatin'.
Rachel Ray and her incessant nervous giggling is another pain in my side. Not everything is funny and NOBODY is that happy all the time.
Emeril? Well I agree that the earlier show (Essence of Emeril) was calmer and more to the point, but he did look uncomfortable and those half-sentences where he would start to tell you what the was doing or what the next step is and then stop, used to make me crazy. The band is so out of place on his Live show I wonder why he needs to fill time with them. I record his show on DVR ifI see something I want to make and fast forward the band stuff.
And Paula Deen. Geez that god-awful southern accent is just too exaggerated to be true and grinds on my nerves. I never met a southerner that talked like that. Are all of her recipes loaded with heavy cream and butter? It's wonder she's still alive. Four sticks of butter for a recipe that serves 6 people is just waaaaay too much butter.
That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!!
Old 07-24-2006, 10:36 AM   #25
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama Queen
Giada's recipes are fantastic, never had a bad one but that everlasting open mouthed smile of hers drives me nuts.
Yeah, but she's so hot!
Old 07-24-2006, 10:57 AM   #26
Master Chef

I agree that Giada's beautiful, vagriller, but have you seen her mother? She's drop-dead gorgeous.
Drama Queen, some people really do talk that way...you should have heard my aunt from Kentucky. I do agree that Paula gets awfully heavy on the butter, though.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:54 AM   #27
Senior Cook

I agree that Giada is drop dead gorgeous (man, what I'd give to have a body like hers!). I know Rachel has got a laugh, but I would listen to hers over Paula Deen's any ole day. As much as I love watching Paula's show, her laugh just grates on my nerves.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:02 PM   #28
Senior Cook

And Paula Deen. Geez that god-awful southern accent is just too exaggerated to be true and grinds on my nerves. I never met a southerner that talked like that.

Then you don't want to hear me talk. Since I'm from NC and I've met quiet a few southerners who do talk just like that. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though. Me I just watch the shows I enjoy and forget about the rest. I was taught if you can't say something good then don't say anything at all. That's just me though. I do enjoy most of the food network shows. To each his own.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:16 PM   #29
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Just a gentle reminder here, to everyone... let's not attack the personality etc. of the chefs, the way they talk or giggle, hot/not, are highly subjective issues and everyone has their likes and dislikes... here, let's stick to the discussion about the quality of the cooking shows... thanks!!
Old 07-24-2006, 12:17 PM   #30
Head Chef

I've been to Georgia, and some folks in the south make Paula Deen sound like a yankee! Some people in south Georgia consider everyone north of and including Atlanta yankees.