To the Rachel Ray and Emeril bashers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol, I guess you are right, Izzy... I did indeed have a couple of Scottish friends, one from Glasgow one from Edinburgh. I had no problem talking to Robert from Edinburgh, but gawd, the Glaswegian Dave was almost impossible to understand:LOL:

while I prefer to watch the chefs with the most technique and cultural knowledge...Tyler, Mario, et al., one can learn from even watching the behind the scenes of $40 a day or behind the bash, shows I really don't care for. But one does get a glimpse of pros dealing with the food.

urmaniac13 said:
Just a gentle reminder here, to everyone... let's not attack the personality etc. of the chefs, the way they talk or giggle, hot/not, are highly subjective issues and everyone has their likes and dislikes... here, let's stick to the discussion about the quality of the cooking shows... thanks!!:)

Whoops, sorry. As much as the giggles/laughs annoy me, I have picked up several tips/pointers from all the shows that I have watched (mainly Rachel Ray's, Paula Deen's, and Giada's) and that has helped me become a better cook, and I'm now cooking more than attending the ole usual which are/were McDonald's, Wendy's, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Taco Bell, and my all time favorite Burger King. I'm getting more used to keeping my pantry filled now, so maybe now I can actually watch what I'm eating and loose the excess poundage I have on now thanks to the affore mentioned favorite haunts.

Working in a "soup" kitchen made me realize how much I learned from cooking shows------especially when it came to cutting up veggies and other culinary techniques-----the nun who ran the place always put me in the salad line. Ha!! I still miss Grande Dame Julia-----I'll never forget the show where she demonstrated how to cook a live lobster and the way she talked it was as if she had butter in her mouth. Unfortunately, hubby and I were too poor then to afford lobster but I never forgot and when I cooked my first one years later I thought of her.

What's up with Rachael Ray blabbing about movies on her 30 minute meals show? Enough heard...I'm changing the channel...

vagriller said:
I've been to Georgia, and some folks in the south make Paula Deen sound like a yankee! Some people in south Georgia consider everyone north of and including Atlanta yankees.

I've got cousins who live north of Dallas that can stretch a one syllable word into three-----one week with them and I'm "drawling" with the best of them. Paula Deen's accent doesn't sound unusual compared to them. :rolleyes:

I don't know anyone in Georgia who thinks a yankee is anyone north of Atlanta. There are many drawls, dialects in many parts of the country and some of them are harder to understand than a Georgia drawl. I have relatives in Georgia and not one of them sounds a bit like Paula, well maybe one, but I think he practices it to bother us.

licia said:
I don't know anyone in Georgia who thinks a yankee is anyone north of Atlanta. There are many drawls, dialects in many parts of the country and some of them are harder to understand than a Georgia drawl. I have relatives in Georgia and not one of them sounds a bit like Paula, well maybe one, but I think he practices it to bother us.

Where in Georgia? I heard the north of Atlanta yankee thing from a guy in Baxley Georgia. He was speaking specifiaclly of sme folks on deep south Georgia. It's all good though. I get along with anyone, accent or not.

I really do wish they would rerun the old Julia Child stuff, when she was much younger. Very informative, and she was a hoot.

I don't like how Rachael Ray LIKES everything she puts in her mouth, and the eyes she makes. I can lie like that too. LOL I just don't trust what she says cuz everything she puts in her mouth is WOW.

Emeril doesn't need the band, but I love his kitchen.

Alton Brown breaks down everything, and makes it make sense.

That doesn't stop me from watching anyone of those shows tho. :) Cuz sometimes a good idea comes out. I like the using a bowl for the garbage, I go one step more tho, and put a grocery bag in there so I can close it up and trash it.

Yes, Giada seems really passionate about what she cooks. The two shows I'm not crazy about are Contessa and Calorie Commando.

Back
Top Bottom