"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #41
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Oh, MM! Do you have any aloe gel?

Dinner still looks great!
Thank you and no aloe.
__________________

__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #42
Senior Cook
 
Hammster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Diego, Ca.
Posts: 255
Here is the beef pot pie. Made with leftover pot roast.

__________________

__________________
¿Como como? Como como como.
Hammster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:00 PM   #43
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammster
Here is the beef pot pie. Made with leftover pot roast.
Very nice, Hammster! Beautiful crust.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #44
Executive Chef
 
Whiskadoodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Twin Cities Mn
Posts: 2,953
I made home fried potatoes and pan carmelized frozen corn served alongiside previously made frozen meatballs dipped in bbq sauce. Pretty easy.
__________________
Whiskadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #45
Executive Chef
 
chopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet
I splashed 3 of my fingers with boiling oil while I was cooking dinner. It's been hours and they are still burning. It figures because I am starting training for a new job tomorrow!! How can I make it stop burning?

Heres dinner. It was going to be parmesan but ............

Breaded chicken breast and steamed fresh broccoli

Oh sweetie, put your fingers in a glass of cold water and put your feet up! So sorry you burned yourself!
__________________
No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:35 PM   #46
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Oh sweetie, put your fingers in a glass of cold water and put your feet up! So sorry you burned yourself!
Thank you chopper. I have a bag of cold water on my fingers and I am going to try to go to sleep.
__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:59 PM   #47
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,874
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
I splashed 3 of my fingers with boiling oil while I was cooking dinner. It's been hours and they are still burning. It figures because I am starting training for a new job tomorrow!! How can I make it stop burning?
...
I burn myself often. If it is still burning after several hours, this is what I do:

Make up some physiological saline. That's about 9 grams of salt in a litre or quart. Or mix 1/2 teaspoon of salt in 1 cup of water. If the skin is broken, be sure that you boil the water and cool it before using it.

I dip some paper towels in the saline and wrap them around my burn, making sure that there is plenty of saline. Then I put a plastic bag over the my hand and the wet paper towels and tape it in place. Every time I have done this it has been nearly healed by morning.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:00 PM   #48
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,874
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot View Post
Tonight is steak but the rest of the month will probably be digging from the freezer since my husband just got laid off from his job
Bummer. (((hugs))) I hope you enjoyed that steak.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #49
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot
Tonight is steak but the rest of the month will probably be digging from the freezer since my husband just got laid off from his job
Hope DH gets back on his feet soon, Merlot.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:09 AM   #50
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I burn myself often. If it is still burning after several hours, this is what I do:

Make up some physiological saline. That's about 9 grams of salt in a litre or quart. Or mix 1/2 teaspoon of salt in 1 cup of water. If the skin is broken, be sure that you boil the water and cool it before using it.

I dip some paper towels in the saline and wrap them around my burn, making sure that there is plenty of saline. Then I put a plastic bag over the my hand and the wet paper towels and tape it in place. Every time I have done this it has been nearly healed by morning.
I didn't see this till this morning. Next time I will try this.

My burned fingers feel a bit better but I have a blister on one knuckle. I am afraid it will break and hurt like crazy.
__________________

__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dinner

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.