Today's dinner....10-1-14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Can hardly believe it's October 1st already. :ohmy:

This afternoon's dinner will be a tuna melt with Havarti on toasted rye, and a spinach salad with lots of goodies and a honey Dijon vinaigrette dressing.

What's on everyone's dinner plate for today? :chef:

Not sure. Going to a condo board meeting. May have a hot dog before or after. Or both.

Seared tuna steaks with rice pilaf. For appy we had 2 kinds of oyster shooters, cocktail sauce with vodka, and watermelon margarita with watermelon rind pickle garnish. We put a dozen of the last oysters we had in an ice cube tray and froze them. I could only handle 1 of each kind of shooter. Craig had 2 CS and vodka and 1 watermelon. Tummy is telling me to stick to 1 kind of shooter at a time from now on.

dw made pad thai but there wasn't much left when i woke up, so it'll be takeout again from somewhere. maybe sushi tonight.

Tonight's supper was frikadeller, potatoes, and salad with ranch dressing served with Heineken beer and Bommerlunder akvavit. The frikadeller were good, but they could be better. I'm getting better at making them.

20141001_195908.jpg

20141001_195741.jpg

You've got it tough living where you do. I've got about 1 restaurant to choose from and it isn't any good.

yeah, there are few places a foodie would want to live other than nyc and it's nearby suburbs.

it's a trade off, though, for someone who loves being in a world with less people and concrete.

taxy, you've got me craving my mom's food.

your frikkis look great. hmm, try some cardamom... ;)

and i can't remember the last time i had potatoes like that: whole hand skinned (you can tell by the angles) and quartered or halved.

i could eat a row.

Cardamom in the frikadeller sounds awfully Swedish. I will give that a try.
Ya-sure. I usually have white cardamon, green, and black in the pantry. We always used white. I only encountered the other two when I started shopping at Indian grocery stores.

I had nachos with refried beans as my protein. I am getting to really like them!:)

TB had pulled pork tacos and loved them.

I had nachos with refried beans as my protein. I am getting to really like them!:)

TB had pulled pork tacos and loved them.

I think of refried beans as being similar to pasta - not a lot of flavor by themselves, but with a few add-ons, they're delicious. I stir in some red salsa, cilantro and lime juice to jazz it up, with cheese on top. Yummy! And 1/2 cup refried beans heated with 1/2 cup red salsa = a great healthy dip.

Back
Top Bottom