Today's dinner, 26th March,2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure about my evening meal. My biggest meal will probably be at lunchtime. I'm making lunch for a friend who isn't feeling too well. I going to prepare fried chicken with cream gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans with bacon, and oatmeal-raisin-nut cookies for dessert.

Not sure about my evening meal. My biggest meal will probably be at lunchtime. I'm making lunch for a friend who isn't feeling too well. I going to prepare fried chicken with cream gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans with bacon, and oatmeal-raisin-nut cookies for dessert.
Sounds delicious Katie..Lucky friend.:)
kades

Sounds delicious Katie..Lucky friend.:)
kades

She deserves it, cj. Her father died very, very suddenly a few months ago and she's having a hard time. She and her dad were very close. She's also facing open-heart surgery in the next several weeks. She's not a very happy camper at the moment. She just turned 42 and still has a lot ahead of her if she takes care of herself.

I'm going for chicken and couscous. I think I'll glaze the chicken or maybe make it with balsalmic dressing or Zesty Italian. I'm waiting for a text reply from my daughter on what form the chicken will take.

I had my standard that I have about 3 times per week. Roasted vegetables and rice. It helps me stay on my quest for heathy lifestyle. I've been doing this almost 4 weeks and have already lost 15 pounds.

We are having guests for dinner so we are going to have grilled chicken thighs & grilled carrots, grilled 5 grain bread, jicama & carrots with lime juice, cauliflower cooked with cilantro & a bunch of Indian spices & salad (romaine, tomato, celery, red pepper, tasted almonds & red wine vinaigrette. For dessert strawberry rhubarb pie or peanut butter chocolate brownies. And a nice glass of Chardonnay.

I made a porterhouse steak on the grill, pan seared scallops with a butter lemon pan sauce, asparagus and some frozen 4 cheese pierogie. For frozen, the pierogie were great! I ruined the pan sauce though, pan was too hot and the sauce broke......... oh well, better luck next time!

We went out to lunch at a local Mexican restaurant. I am not a big fan of Mexican food, but theirs is as good as I've had...but I am now taking Pepto Bismol.

Tonight, we're having left over salmon patties and tater tots. It may not be a treat for everyone, but Kim and I love this meal. Kim's having a salad also, but I don't think my system can handle it. :sick:

I made Mark some taquitos with spanish rice, and I'm going to have some fish sticks and tartar sauce. :ermm: I know, but they were a favorite of mine when I was a kid. Sometimes, I don't feel like cooking.

After cooking corned beef and cabbage yesterday for 25 coworkers for lunch, I am bit burned out on cooking. Today, when I ran an errand to the next town I picked up Chinese takeout: kung pao chicken, chow mein, and beef stir-fry.

I made homemade baked mac and cheese with chunks of old cheddar and farmer's sausage in it. Dad absolutely loved it. It is so good to cook for him and see him thriving!

Last night it was stuffed tomatoes made with bulgur wheat, pomegranate juice, herbs and spices.

Back
Top Bottom