Today's dinner 30th Jan. 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a lovely roast with potatoes, carrots and celery in the slow-cooker and I just made some dough for bread so it should be a comfort food dinner for us. Probably a dish of ice cream for desert if anyone has room.

We just got back home from dropping off my parents at Kennedy Airport- they're spending the next month in Costa Rica- must be nice, its Summer there right now. So now I'm too tired to cook, and trying to decide what toppings to order on our pizza delivery for tonight. It'll probably be half veggie half plain.

Tonight I am making ground beef/onion/mushroom gravy over mashed potatoes (or noodles), green beans and salad. Cantaloupe for dessert.

Last edited:
Family night here. I am going to try my hand at Taco Bell's chicken bowl (may rename it Whacko bowl) I have never actually had one but have seen the add. I will set the table with the option of doing the bowl or keeping everything separate for those who choose not to have there foods touch. I also made some garlic cheese rolls.

Mild weather here today. Went outside and pulled weeds for an hour, or "weed therapy" as I call it.

Grilled rib-eye steaks
Baked potatoes
Seasoned grilled grape tomatoes (tossed in olive oil)

And for dessert - slices of fresh mango and banana

It's just me and the big guy tonight so we are doing easy, cream of tomato soup and grilled triple cheese sandwiches...the rest of the baked eggnog custard for dessert..
kadesma;)

We are going out, celebrating my birthday (just the two of us) a night early because we have family & guests arriving tomorrow. Since I am going to my favorite Mediterranean restaurant with a gang tomorrow night....I am thinking Cuban food tonight....black bean & chorizo soup, 1/2 a Cuban sandwich (has everything but the kitchen sink on it), fried plaintains & a mojito for dessert. Yum!

I made chicken divan for dinner and a big greek salad. Defrosted a couple of slices of Cheesecake Factory's Godiva chocolate cheesecake for dessert.

Random stuff in the kitchen, busy night tonight, BBQ Chicken was the highlite.

Back
Top Bottom