Today's dinner menu...July 11, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Nothing exciting here. I still have the rosemary garlic rotisserie chicken from yesterday, so I'll slice up some of the breast and have that with a fruit salad. Maybe some garlic bread. :)

What's on everyone's menu today? :chef:

I took out some chicken thighs and pablano sausage I made. I'm debating on a SW style "jambalaya" or "gumbo".

I had tender, baked marinaded ribs with baked potato, kale and rib gravy.

I have found a great method for tenderising the ribs (obviously marinading them helps) that doesn't involve losing their flavour to the water of pre-boiling them. I place them in an oiled container and cover them with foil for 1 hour at Mk. 3. I decant the gravy juices into a small pan (for heating later). I then lift off the foil, turn up the heat to Mk. 5, lightly drizzle the ribs with some oil and bake for 30 - 35 mins. Result? Crisp but tender ribs! :yum:

Just picked the first of the green beans that seems to be enough for 2, and there's a package of ham in the fridge.

TB's home with a bad stomach today and I am still not eating much so I am not sure what we will have. I will probably just have salad and a protein shake and I will get him anything he wants when he wakes up.

We were supposed to go out for Chinese tonight, but I came home from work at noon with vertigo and the accompanying side effects. I see saltine crackers and water in my future ?

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

We were supposed to go out for Chinese tonight, but I came home from work at noon with vertigo and the accompanying side effects. I see saltine crackers and water in my future ?

Gah! Bunny! Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks Dawg, I'm feeling a bit
better already I had a little sleep and the world isn't quite so topsy turvey now. Those green beans and ham sound yummy!

I was going to polish off some leftovers, but when I went to the store to pick up a prescription, I did a little shopping, and just as I was ready to checkout, I found a container with a couple of hot rotisserie chicken legs for $2, and treated myself to a quick and easy no fuss dinner.

Zhizara, I impulse bought a rotisserie chicken yesterday, but if the grocery store would have had just the legs I would have bought that instead. I only see the whole chickens here.

Everyone's dinners tonight sound so good. :yum:

Last edited:
I was at work at dinnertime, but I had thawed out a fried chicken leq quarter last night for my dinner tonight. I got a little container of cole slaw and a red grapefruit cup to go with it, and it was pretty good...for my car dinner.

I can't stand the break room. I always go to my car for breaks and meals, because they're either trashing other employees or they're on their cell phones, and who needs to hear that?!

Somebunny,:flowers::flowers:
I am sorry you are not feeling well,I too have a
vertigo problem so I can relate to how you feel.
I hope it is gone by morning.

Josie

Back
Top Bottom