Today's Dinner (Wednesday, 13th of July)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I need to make something that won't heat the kitchen up too bad, or be too hot while eating it, plus I am just really in a Mexican food mood, so I'm going to make tostadas tonight. I really wish I had some guacamole. We do have sour cream though, so all is not lost. :mrgreen: Plus as a special treat I may throw a few black olives on them. :cool:

Barbara have you ever tried green pea guacamole? :ermm:

It is not bad in a pinch.

Barbara have you ever tried green pea guacamole? :ermm:

It is not bad in a pinch.
I have heard that it is ok, but my Southern California taste buds might be a little skittish about that! :LOL: Thanks, I will have to try that sometime. I believe I have seen a recipe or two for it here at DC.

Change of plans. Pork stew will have to wait. I forgot I had picked up a Tostino's frozen pizza. With some added mozzarella, it will do the trick.

I also picked up a cheesecake mix for dessert.

Not bad. Dinner and dessert for $3.

3 bucks! What a steal. (I like CA Kitchens frozen pizza, but don't tell anybody) :whistling

Change of plans hear, to :angel:
uhh, here, too.

I decided to throw some wings on the grill instead of the chorizo. I'm leaning towards butter & garlic parm.

Stir-fried rice using a link of this fabulous double-smoked sausage I found at the butcher's. I also have some strawberries that I'll toss with some spinach and toasted almonds and a dash of balsamic + olive oil to dress it up.

Individual medley again for dinner tonight. SO is meeting some friends for a drink snacks. I'll de-freeze something for dinner.

Found a frozen chicken pie so that's going to be it for me. Well, after I heat it up and plate it.

3 bucks! What a steal. (I like CA Kitchens frozen pizza, but don't tell anybody) :whistling

Change of plans hear, to :angel:
uhh, here, too.

I decided to throw some wings on the grill instead of the chorizo. I'm leaning towards butter & garlic parm.
That should definitely work out better. The last time I threw wings on chorizo it didn't cook worth a darn. :mrgreen:

Sounds like it's a night for plan changing. After reviewing the recipe for the pirogi lasagna, I decided I was starting too late in the day for it to be ready by dinner time so I threw some chicken and mushroom soup in the oven, threw some rice in the cooker, opened 2 cans of asparagus and had supper.

Everything you guys are having sounds great. I spent 12 hours painting our new kitchen cupboards today and finally got them done. Only about 15 more hours of work and that kitchen will look like a shiny new penny. So for dinner today it was a McDouble and small fries...yuk. Of course it's almost better than nothing. I might try to throw something in the crock pot before I head over to the house tomorrow to work some more. I have a feeling that I am going to think of this summer as the summer of the paintbrush!

Hot Italian Sausage Sandwich with Peppers, Onions, Marinara Sauce and Mozzarella Cheese.

Change of plans. Pork stew will have to wait. I forgot I had picked up a Tostino's frozen pizza. With some added mozzarella, it will do the trick.

I also picked up a cheesecake mix for dessert.

Not bad. Dinner and dessert for $3.
I had a Tony's pizza today and added mozz/provolone with mushrooms. It wasn't bad. It was a small one. I had the other half for dinner. Mark had ground beef stroganoff with vegies added. It's a hard thing to photograph, but I tried. It's not very pretty, but I tried some, and it tasted good.

img_1023152_0_3e52ab7fafbfa643b0e70852a846647d.jpg

I had a Tony's pizza today and added mozz/provolone with mushrooms. It wasn't bad. It was a small one. I had the other half for dinner. Mark had ground beef stroganoff with vegies added. It's a hard thing to photograph, but I tried. It's not very pretty, but I tried some, and it tasted good.

img_1023157_0_3e52ab7fafbfa643b0e70852a846647d.jpg

It looks tasty. Your photo is fine. I am the one who is photography challenged:chef:.

French fries with gravy and cheese curds.
Although I am in a fries with gravy area, it was hard to find cheese curds until recently because I am not in a poutine area, which like mentioned is in northern midwest USA up into Canada. And yes, the curds have a squeaky texture against your teeth if they are fresh. I bought my curds in a vacuum pack, so should get a couple good uses out of them before they lose their squeak, but they will still be good to eat.

Without Googling... I didn't think the cheddar curds were a byproduct, but rather not processed fully into "normal" cheddar cheese. I could be wrong.

Thank you :) I can now make poutine, since I make a few simple cheeses at home I will just use the curds from that! I thought poutine was a kind of game bird..lol!

Back
Top Bottom