Today's dinner, Wednesday, September, 05,2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today is Wednesday in India

What a coincidence! Today is Wednesday in California, too!

Breakfast was Ovaltine and supplements, per usual. Lunchwill be pork chop, Bush's Country style beans, and Sicilian spinach and eggs. Beverage will be Coke Zero, and dessert will be either an ice cream sandwich or a Cappucino Lava Cake. Supper is still up in the air. I plan on going to the gym after work, so I most likely won't be very hungry afterward and will keep in light and simple.

Cornmeal crusted baked tilapia and rest of the leftovers from our Labor Day cookout--grilled veggies and a couple of salads. Unfortunately, the leftover ice cream pie is gone.:(

my love and I will be dining on beef/rice balls [gb/rice/sun dried toms/garlic/onion/basil/parm cheese/grill seasoning/egg/NYT bread crumbs] grilled asparagus, caprese salad, NYT bread with butter and more of that yummy cake from last night, iced Mr. T for me, huge old glass of vino for the man of my dreams. even though we're having beef, it'll be white, he's not a red fan.:ohmy:

Bacon and bleu cheese-stuffed burgers w caramelized onions - lettuce & tomato on an onion roll - portobello fries and horsey sauce. There's odds and ends left over from Labor day, but need to use up the crab salad. If I can fit it in, will fill half an avocado with crab salad. Grapes for dessert.

okay, so forget my dinner, I'm on my way to your house:LOL:

Tonight is roast chicken, corn on the cob, fresh tomatoes out of the garden, and peach pie. I love this time of year with all the fresh produce.

okay, so forget my dinner, I'm on my way to your house:LOL:

Come on over Lefse :) I'll never be able to wrap my lips around that boiga. May have to have half today & half tomorrow. (Plus there's some left over coleslaw w raisins, cold mac salad, & pasta salad). May make up some electrifyin' lemonade.

Is that Aroncini I smell :LOL: Sounds goooood!

Tonight we visit Vietnam!

Stir Fried Tilapia with Spicy Ginger Sauce, served with
Fragrant Noodles.

I'm drooling!

I better jump on the Talapia wagon. Luv vietnamese and thai food. There are several restaurants here, but would like to make your dish at home. Stir-fried fish sounds yum & healthy. Will you, could you, would you, share your recipe? The ginger sauce sounds yum as well. Thanks much.:)

Last edited:
It is finally cooler here today. Hallejuah. I was thinking of pasta but remembered ds had leftover ravioli last night, so I think I'll make him one of his other faves, tacos. Poor kid hasn't had a home-cooked meal since the heatwave started.

It's my regular Wednesday dinner out with friends - tonight we're heading to a favorite tapas place. They always have great food - I've been thinking about the Greek meatballs and drunken mushrooms all day :)

I have had so much rich and spicy food lately that I need something simple and a little bland. I've opted for tuna casserole. Not that it doesn't taste good, but I don't think it has anything that will further assault my digestive tract. If ya know what I mean. :ermm:

Tonight all the kids are home so it's a big pot of meatballs for subs, f.f and salad. I also am trying a hot bean dip. Blueberry cake for dessert.

THANK YOU elfie and pab, the "baked" beans were absolutely delicious!!!!!!!!:chef:

i used elfie's and poopsie's (what do you think the "p" stands for? :)) recipes for baked beans as a guideline, made a little modification or 2, and tossed them in the crock pot last night. the beans were still a little firm at midnight, so i just shut it off, removed the crock, put the it in the refrigerator, and restarted it on low this morning. a coupla more hours should do it.

but the flavor was really great, reminding me of bush's maple cured bacon baked beans. my wife swore that it tasted just like the secret texas weiner sauce from the hot grill in clifon, nj - The Hot Grill , a local foodie landmark.

thanks again, ladies!!!! :flowers: :flowers:

getting back to the thread: the pork chops weren't defrosted yet, so we had take-out italian.
marinated portabellos/bufala mozz/roasted peppers/olives over mesculun salad, mussels fra diavolo, veal sorrentino, cavatelli with broccoli, spaghetti, and a coupla slices. :pig:

Last night I stirfried together a terrific fried rice, chock full of lots of great stuff - eggs, turkey ham, roast chicken, baby shrimp, Chinese cabbage, peas, Vidalia onions, etc., etc.

Husband had 2 big helpings, & I still have a couple of days worth of lunch leftovers as well!!:)

Back
Top Bottom