"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 09-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire
It's my regular Wednesday dinner out with friends - tonight we're heading to a favorite tapas place. They always have great food - I've been thinking about the Greek meatballs and drunken mushrooms all day

The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:07 PM   #32
Master Chef
I have had so much rich and spicy food lately that I need something simple and a little bland. I've opted for tuna casserole. Not that it doesn't taste good, but I don't think it has anything that will further assault my digestive tract. If ya know what I mean.

We get by with a little help from our friends
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:12 PM   #33
Head Chef
Tonight all the kids are home so it's a big pot of meatballs for subs, f.f and salad. I also am trying a hot bean dip. Blueberry cake for dessert.
elaine l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:00 PM   #34
Executive Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Grilled onion mini burgers with avocado and cheese....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
If you have much, give of your wealth. If you have little, give of your heart. - Arab proverb
Dina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:14 AM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire
THANK YOU elfie and pab, the "baked" beans were absolutely delicious!!!!!!!!

i used elfie's and poopsie's (what do you think the "p" stands for? ) recipes for baked beans as a guideline, made a little modification or 2, and tossed them in the crock pot last night. the beans were still a little firm at midnight, so i just shut it off, removed the crock, put the it in the refrigerator, and restarted it on low this morning. a coupla more hours should do it.

but the flavor was really great, reminding me of bush's maple cured bacon baked beans. my wife swore that it tasted just like the secret texas weiner sauce from the hot grill in clifon, nj - The Hot Grill , a local foodie landmark.

thanks again, ladies!!!!

getting back to the thread: the pork chops weren't defrosted yet, so we had take-out italian.
marinated portabellos/bufala mozz/roasted peppers/olives over mesculun salad, mussels fra diavolo, veal sorrentino, cavatelli with broccoli, spaghetti, and a coupla slices.
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:45 AM   #36
Master Chef
Last night I stirfried together a terrific fried rice, chock full of lots of great stuff - eggs, turkey ham, roast chicken, baby shrimp, Chinese cabbage, peas, Vidalia onions, etc., etc.

Husband had 2 big helpings, & I still have a couple of days worth of lunch leftovers as well!!

BreezyCooking is offline   Reply With Quote